We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I complain about a management response?

6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How do I complain about a management response?

The response by Ian, owner of the Blackaddie House Hotel is libbelous! He states that I broke the door lock when I did not! The faulty (worn) door lock was reported to the hotel receptionist before we accepted the room.

Why would the owners move my wife and I to their best room if I had not complained especially when he claims I broke a lock on his unfurbished room.

I have emailed Ian directly to give him the opportunity of correcting his factually incorrect statement.

I hope Trip Advisor will look into this posting and remove the libellous text?

I may have reported faulty lock but I did not break it!

The Blackaddie House Hotel appears to have breached Trip Advisor management guidlines.

Further relevant information: Jane initially gave us two options

1. A no disturb sign which would secure the room!

2. She would get her tool box and fix the lock. We agreed and she could not get the new lock into the existing hole.

On failing and on not offering any further option I gave her my only option

1. Phone credit card company to get their permission to book into another hotel for three night dinner B&B to equivalent price that had been paid to the Blackaddie.

Only then were we given another room and told it would be for that night only. We accepted because this was reasonable.

I have a problem with Ian's response to my review and I have given him the opportunity to have the untrue statements removed from your website.

I hope that Trip Advisor will help him to do this in timeously manner?

I look forward to your reply once you have evaluated the facts.

P.S. My review did not include the changed room on the 3rd May because we were given no choice to the room we had to move to.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,479 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How do I complain about a management response?

I'm afraid I don't think TA readers will wonder anything of the sort and I think applying any law at all to this review and MR is wishful thinking. Unless you take action completely apart from TA on the service you did not receive but paid for in a business to customer agreement. Would you take that action if you had not written a review? That is worthy of some thought, but anything posted about this situation on TA really is not.

My 2 cents.

Edited: 18 May 2013, 11:25
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: How do I complain about a management response?

I have no problem with tripadvisor. The hotel owner has identified my review and decided to add additional untrue statement and expand on what I wrote. Tripadvisor can review the hotels response against their guidlines. The point of review is to give a fair reflection of my experience and I did expect fair comments back based on what I had written but not an accusation of causing criminal damage!

Apart from allowing moderator review of hotel owners response or hoping that the owner will withdraw untrue statments there is little options available to directly address my issue!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How do I complain about a management response?

You had your say - he had his.

TA do not vet reviews and Manage Responses for facts/truths;-)

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,690 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How do I complain about a management response?

Hi commentbyblair;

Someone should have stated this in one of the first few replies...

TA staff will only remove the review *IF* it violates the guidelines, period. You can view them here on TA;

…custhelp.com/app/…20guidelines

Best Regards

15. Re: How do I complain about a management response?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2014, 05:17