We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do i change my profile pic

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
How do i change my profile pic

My computer was fixed and now I see my profile pic has changed and goodness knows how my personal pic got on there which i would prefer not to have. I cant find how to edit my pic. Please help

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,617 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do i change my profile pic

When logged into TA you can go to this page on your profile to upload a new image. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Settings-cpa If you've connected Facebook with TA, then I don't know the procedure. I assume it would be on the Facebook account.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do i change my profile pic

Thanks Sodo-I don't want it connected with FB - will try

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,577 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do i change my profile pic

The profile I see is of a smartly dress couple

I do not think it is a Facebook linkage problem as if it was only your Friends on Facebook would be seeing your Facebook profile photo

As has been suggested connect to your profile page on TA and alter the photo to something you want

Edited: 18 May 2013, 13:19
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,760 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do i change my profile pic

Hi divacape;

FYI...for future reference, the Support Forum is available for general "How To" questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Best Regards

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do i change my profile pic

O.k. thanks everyone. The smartly dressed couple is moi and hubby but would prefer not to have it on here. Until last week I had a beach chair.

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do i change my profile pic

Ok so when i go to that link you posted Sodo I see the beach chair but as "flip flop" says he sees the "smarly dressed couple. WHen i get onto T/A I see my granddaughter whom I have on my FB page. I dont want T/A linked to my FB page and I have stated that as FB is personal and T/A is not. So now I am stuck. 3 pics seen differently what now?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,760 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do i change my profile pic

Hi divacape;

Connecting your TA account with your FaceBook account is a result of FB's "Instant Personalization" feature.

To disconnect from Facebook while using TripAdvisor;

• Place your mouse over "Your TripAdvisor" at the top of the screen, and then click on "Profile".

• From the drop-down menus, select “Facebook settings” and make any appropriate changes.

Make sure to also check your privacy settings on Facebook;

• In your Facebook Account, click on “Home” in the right corner to get to your “Privacy Settings”.

• “Ads, Apps & Websites” is the fourth option. Click on “Edit Settings” on the right.

• On that page, click on “Instant Personalization, Edit”.

• There will be a list of the websites that FB has partnered with. You need to uncheck the box Enable Instant Personalization with Partner sites.

Best Regards

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do i change my profile pic

Thanks Rescue Team - at least you spelt it out for me. Will try .

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,577 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do i change my profile pic

I am still seeing the smartly dressed couple

cape town
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
6,104 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do i change my profile pic

That's because I have been too busy at work. Just for those who might be interested, the reason we were so smart is that we were at a wedding at The One and Only Hotel at the Waterdront.