We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VFM Leonardo Inc - what's the point of traveler photos?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
VFM Leonardo Inc - what's the point of traveler photos?

I have noticed recently that the 'Traveler Photos' section includes "Photo provided by VFM Leonardo Inc" and/or "Photo provided by Management." - These are CLEARLY professional photos.

So I ask, what is the point of having a REAL travelers' photos section if it's going to include BIASED PRO PHOTOS? Can you move these to the "Professional" photos section?

Thanks for listening - and avid TripAdvisor user.

21. Re: VFM Leonardo Inc - what's the point of traveler photos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 September 2013, 21:58
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,626 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: VFM Leonardo Inc - what's the point of traveler photos?

I think that someone reported the thread had gotten out of control once the 4th inappropriate post had appeared.

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
275 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: VFM Leonardo Inc - what's the point of traveler photos?

The practice of posting commercial photos from VFM Leonardo as "traveler photos" is underhanded in a petty way the reflects poorly on Tripadvisor. It should be stopped.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: VFM Leonardo Inc - what's the point of traveler photos?

Todays xkcd cartoon expresses my thoughts about VMF Leonardo, Photos from around the worlds and Management pictures appearing under Travellers photos

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/slideshow.gif

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,230 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: VFM Leonardo Inc - what's the point of traveler photos?

They should not be listed as Travellers Photos as they are most definitely not!! It is very annoying and misleading.

Brunswick
1 post
Save Reply
26. Re: VFM Leonardo Inc - what's the point of traveler photos?

VFL Leornardo Inc- you want to make sure the photo you post are current. many hotels renovated and updated but your professional photos are still old you guys need to update new photos.

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: VFM Leonardo Inc - what's the point of traveler photos?

I am surprised that KwikChex has not made something out of this.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,815 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: VFM Leonardo Inc - what's the point of traveler photos?

I thought KwikChex is an online reputation company hired by hotels. Presumably, so is VFM Leonardo--although the photos I see by his company don't look like taken by professional photographers. Most are terrible photos (and some, as we know, even downloaded from other sites).

Silvia

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: VFM Leonardo Inc - what's the point of traveler photos?

You are right, Expat. Hoteliers do not seem to mind if their properties are misrepresented in a favorable way.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: VFM Leonardo Inc - what's the point of traveler photos?

One of VFM L claims for their service is "With so much chaos, you run the risk of having wrong or outdated images out on the web for your hotels. What you need is one centralized location to manage visual content for all of your hotel properties."

It doesn't appear that they are doing a great job in preventing " wrong or outdated images" appearing on TA!

In some cases it appears that the hotel has had a contract with VFM Leonardo at some time in the past and have either dropped the contract or changed to a different hotel brand but VFM L are continuing to supply TA with the old photos that they still have on file.