We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Editing Reviews

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Editing Reviews

Is theree any way to edit a review once it is published??

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,994 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Editing Reviews

Hi dozydai;

Once submitted, you can NOT edit your review. You have two options available to you;

1) Leave the review as-is.

2) Ask TA staff to remove your review, correct it, and then re-submit your review, by using this link.

tripadvisor.ca/help/how_to_remove_a_review_y…

Best Regards

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Editing Reviews

Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Editing Reviews

When you press that link, you cannot retrieve the original review though. Au suggestions so we don't need to re-write the whole review again??

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Editing Reviews

If your review is still on the site, I'd suggest doing a copy/paste of it into some form of a document (e.g. Word). You can then edit and resubmit by doing another copy/paste. I write my reviews in Word (many on this forum have said they do the same) so that I can edit, etc. and have a copy.

If you go to your contributions, you'll see the name of the business and then the title of your review; if you click on the title of your review, you'll be taken right to your review rather than to the most recent business review.

Regards,

L4

Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Editing Reviews

Thanks for trying to help but I have not saved a copy and I requested a cancellation just after submitting this one particular post. I do them direct into the iPad app unfortunately :(

Perhaps a handy tip for me for future reviews.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Editing Reviews

L4,

thanks for that,I copied and pasted the published review in to a blank e mail and saved it, started a new review,and then cut it and pasted it in the new review, long winded, but it worked okay, all because I put the wrong number of stars at the top of the review lol

Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Editing Reviews

So much double handling isn't it?

TRIP ADVISOR management are you reading all this???? Can't you make a reviewers life more simple?

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Editing Reviews

agree, with all the tecnology about , cant be too difficut to have an editing facility on a review and a bit on the bootom of it saying when it was edited??????

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,487 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Editing Reviews

I must admit I find the submitting on reviews quite an easy task and I like many others compile them in Word and then C&P them into TA when am totally happy with them

What we often seem to forget is that it is not our website. The addition of an edit feature would amount to adding yet another safety net and this may encourage some reviewers to hit the submit button a little too quickly. TA are already processing 11,000+ reviews a day and IMHO anything that would slow that process down is not an advancement in the process

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Editing Reviews

Sounds easy if you are proficient on word,there are a few like me who find difficulty using word, so we put the review straight on , and if we make an error and do not notice it,'to late' do rectify it?