We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Privacy issue

Gibraltar
Level Contributor
1 post
47 reviews
Save Topic
Privacy issue

Hello!

When I post a review, some of my friends who also use Tripadvisor get an email with notification that I have recently visited some place and left a review.

How can I switch off this feature? Because it's not good for me to let everyone now about my travelings.

I make contributions to help people to make a right choice, not to share with somebody where and when have I been!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Privacy issue

Are you connected with FaceBook?

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Privacy issue

Go to Account Profile

Under Facebook setting make sure all are un-ticked.

In Facebook make sure you block the TA app from posting on your behalf

Delete ALL of your cookies

Apparently 6 million Facebook users had their email contacts distributed to all and sundry without their knowledge

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,768 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Privacy issue

No need to delete ALL your cookies. Many cookies store important information that you will need to re-enter if you removed them all. If you wish to delete cookies, only remove Facebook's and TripAdvisor's.

In Facebook, you need to go to your privacy settings, the look of the left column for Apps. Once you're in App Settings, take a look at Instant Personalization, and either turn it off or uncheck Tripadvisor (other websites are listed automatically too).

Silvia

4. Re: Privacy issue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 05:17