We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My review was deleted

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
My review was deleted

Hi, I posted a bad review two days ago, it was deleted today and a new review saying incredible things about the place appeared. I believe the new review is from one of the employees or a friend of them. I posted my review again, but I am very mad because this place is not being honest by deleting bad reviews. Also I was the first review, now the first review is the review I believe is fake.

I hope my review will appear again and the "fake" review will be verified, and probably deleted.

Thanks.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
45,077 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My review was deleted

Hi PieroFort

Welcome to the TripAdvisor Support Forum.

First of all, a busness cannot delete a review. They can, like any contributor, report a review that they believe is not in accordance with TripAdvisor guidelines, and they ar eobviously mr elikely to report a review that is negative as opposed to reporting a review that is very positive.

Secondly, if you find a review suspicious, as mentioned above, you can report it yourself. You should be able to see a button labelled 'Problem with this review?' which will lead you into the process. I'm sorry I don't know what happens next, but I have never reported a review myself.

FInally, you could contact TA directly to find out why your review has been removed. The Support Forum is not na effective way of communicating with TA, but you will find lots of volunteers here who will attempt to help new contributors find their way around, or try and resolve technical problems that people may be experiencing. Again, I have never doen this myself, but taking a look to the links to the Help Centre may be a good place to start.

Montreal, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: My review was deleted

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My review was deleted

Hi PieroFort,

Once you submit your review, it should show as pending in your Contributions. You can check by hovering over Your TripAdvisor at the top of the page and then click on Contributions.

Reviews can take from a day or so to two weeks to be published to the site. As long as it's pending and it's less than two weeks, that would be the usual time frame. Occasionally a review may move back to pending if it's being looked at by TA Staff. So, for the second review you can check to see if it's in pending. As you resubmitted, rather than follow up with the first one, there's no point in following up as you can only post a review for subsequent visits after a certain period of time of time:

tripadvisor.com/help/how_often_can_i_write_a…

As well, there are randomly-sent verification emails from TA staff; if the reviewer does not respond, the review can be taken down. Sometimes these emails end up in a spam in-box.

Regards,

L4

4. Re: My review was deleted

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 06:18