We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Menu feature? Getting Scammed?

Portland, Oregon
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Menu feature? Getting Scammed?

I am business owner and being contacted about my menu being featured on our Tripadvisor page. Ambiguous info given, waiting for a call, have to sit in front of a computer to answer questions, be interviewed to see if "we're right fit." I'm skeptical. Is trip advisor really doing this?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Menu feature? Getting Scammed?

Questions or complaints about matters that pertain only to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business or property owners, should be posted in the Owners' forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048…

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Menu feature? Getting Scammed?

Did you ever hear back about that?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,119 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Menu feature? Getting Scammed?

Menus on restaurants listings are supplied by a third-party. To update, restauranteurs would have to subscribe to their services. That is what the phone call was probably about, but it wasn't a TA employee. If you're a business owner, please follow the link on post #1 and post on the owners' forum.

Silvia

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,120 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Menu feature? Getting Scammed?

Nope. Another one post wonder.

California
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Menu feature? Getting Scammed?

i was contacted too sounds like a typical third party scam to me.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,123 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Menu feature? Getting Scammed?

Hi Giod;

Reply #1 applies to you as well.

Best Regards

7. Re: Menu feature? Getting Scammed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2014, 06:21