We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top Questions section on Forums

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
20,300 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Top Questions section on Forums

Hello,

Who is responsible for attaching threads and traveller articles to the Top Questions Section to the right of each forum? Is it a Tripadvisor Forum moderator who just notices that a thread/article has excellent, current information and can attach it for the benefit of all?

There is only one list/article attached to the Hotel Accommodation "Top Question" next to the Singapore Forum and its way out of date and becoming useless because of that fact (hotels changed names, or closed, new ones have opened). I sent feedback on the list to Tripadvisor, but they say they can't edit it. I sent a private message to the person who wrote it back in 2006, but no response.

How do I get my newly done Traveller Article on Hotel Accommodation in Singapore, or any of the other recent ones done by other members attached to our "Top Questions".

Thanks,

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
59,268 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top Questions section on Forums

Hi Avanti50

While a Destination Expert for any area can edit the Top Questions, in general it's just the DEs for that area. So if you have a great article you've written, send a Private Message to one or more of the Singapore DEs and ask if they'd consider putting it up there.

Another option is to edit the Traveler Article that is outdated. But since you've already written a new one, that may be too much work.

I just thought of one more idea. Cut all the outdated info from the old article and paste your new information into that Traveler Article. Then folks looking at that article in the Top Questions will get new & accurate information.

Last comment ~ a Trip List is different. That's what a DE "attaches" to the Trip Ideas / Itineraries that are underneath the Top Questions. Only the author of a Trip List can edit it. Anyone can edit a Traveler Article.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,399 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top Questions section on Forums

Hi,

It is the Destination Experts that compile and update the Top Questions on each forum. When you click on one of the Top Questions, you see at the very top "From the City Name Destination Experts".

The specific top question you are asking about is referencing a Trip List. I believe that unlike traveler articles, trip lists can only be edited by the person who created it. This person in this case is also a DE for Singapore. Try sending him another PM but notice that he/she updated the list recently as point 15 mentions new hotels to open in 2014.

Silvia

Edited: 21 July 2013, 03:52
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
20,300 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top Questions section on Forums

Thanks for that information.

One DE wasn't very helpful (he never is), but there is another one I will PM and see what they think, maybe if they have the time they can start linking more updated/new articles and lists to our Top Questions section.

4. Re: Top Questions section on Forums

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 05:16