We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I add a restaurant I want to review?

Los Lunas, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
How do I add a restaurant I want to review?

Don't tell me to search the help forum. I tried that three times and nothing comes up. there is a link in a forum topic, but it does not work. The best place in our town is not listed. Yet there are several that have never gotten a review listed. So how can we get it added?

Mark

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I add a restaurant I want to review?

Starting from the page where you start to write a review:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/UserReview

From there, select the business type which takes you to the next page where you do a search. When the business isn't found, you'll get the message, "No results matched your search term." Below that you'll see a link that says, "Tell us more about it." Click on there and you can submit a listing request. It helps to include a link to the business' website or something similar with the contact information...address, etc.

Regards,

L4

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,551 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I add a restaurant I want to review?

Here is the new TA page for adding new listings: www.tripadvisor.com/GetListedNew

The only problem is that this form assumes whoever is submitting the listing is the "owner" of the listing. Hopefully TA will figure this out. (I just write "None" both for name & for "what is your role at this business".)

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,815 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I add a restaurant I want to review?

PacificNewFamily,

The form you linked to is indeed the form for owners. Members have a different form to request a listing, that you can see if you follow the link L4 provided above.

Silvia

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,551 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I add a restaurant I want to review?

Thanks! I wonder what they'll do with my request to add a viewpoint in Yosemite. Will I now "own" it?

Los Lunas, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I add a restaurant I want to review?

Thank you. I was able to request the addition of the restaurant

Mark.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,815 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I add a restaurant I want to review?

PacificNewFamily,

No, I doubt that you'll own it. Even when owners use this form, after the listing goes up, they still have to register as owners. I think it is just a matter of the amount of information required. Members don't need to provide as much as owners. Also the owner forms have a little box at the bottom in which they certify that are representatives of the business and that this information they are proving is correct. I guess it's just for accountability.

Silvia

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,795 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do I add a restaurant I want to review?

Hi Mark, sometimes it takes less than a week to add properties to TA - sometimes longer. USA and Canada businesses seem to be added fairly quickly; those in other countries seem to take more time.

TA is *not* good about letting you know the property has been added, though! If you do not get an email from TA telling you it's been listed, keep checking back on the final page under the town listing.

8. Re: How do I add a restaurant I want to review?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2014, 05:16