We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

List an attraction

Udaipur, India
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
List an attraction

Hi all,

We have been trying to post our day tours under the attractions section in Trip Adviser.

The tours take place around Udaipur in India, this is our website:

http://responsibletours.weebly.com/index.html

We have received repeated rejections from Trip Adviser by email and I have read the requirements for listing attractions but I'm finding it hard to understand what more I need to do.

Please can you suggest why we are getting rejected? If you need any more information let me know

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,615 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: List an attraction

There are a number of ways your website does not meet the criteria to be listed. Here are the requirements:

The business must have an official name, address, and published telephone number.

It must be open/available to customers on a regularly scheduled basis.

Pre-determined hours or departure times must be published on an official website or in a printed brochure.

If the attraction is not in a fixed place (e.g., tour or cruise), then scheduled departure times, place of departure and destinations (if applicable) must be provided on the website or in the brochure.

Please note that tour are subject to additional restrictions.

Here are the full requirements:

tripadvisor.com/help/__things_to_do_guidelin…

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,247 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: List an attraction

Two points:

1. Responsible Tours probably doesn't satisfy the letter of the law of TA's listing guidelines.

2. There are THOUSANDS of similar tour companies listed on TA that are almost identical to Responsible Tours' modus operandi. I could point to half a dozen on my own home town's listing pages.

So, I think there needs to be consistency OR the guidelines need to be changed to reflect the listings reality.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,274 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: List an attraction

Hi Luigi;

Have you reported those listings to TA staff ?

If they violate the listing criteria, the entire listing will be removed by TA staff.

Best Regards

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,247 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: List an attraction

I can manage to get individual multi-day tour reviews removed, but that's all that happens. These companies do not operate tours that are "available to customers on a regularly scheduled basis" nor do they have "pre-determined hours or departure times... published on an official website or in a printed brochure." They are just like Responsible Tours - with a website, running day tours wherever someone wants to go, whenever someone makes a booking. But they are listed in the Activities section of Things To Do - and in some cases are clearly TA corporate customers.

And I actually think they are mostly OK. :)

As I see it, the issue for hyubbe is that his/her WEBSITE does not comply with the letter of the law with regard to the bits of the guidelines I have quoted in this post. A website needs to state that the tours are run daily and nominate a specific departure time. Problem solved. :)

5. Re: List an attraction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 07:18