We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Widget Reviews problem& support for developers Tripadvisor?

Leicester
1 post
Save Topic
Widget Reviews problem& support for developers Tripadvisor?

Hi

I am developing a website for some cottages. They have properties on holidaylettings.co.uk, who are an offical Tripadvisor partner site.

I want to use a Review widget on the new website to show Tripadvisor reviews. However, in the "Searc" on the widget wizard on tripadvisor.co.uk, the properties do not come up! But, these properties do have pages on tripadvisor. (they can be searched and found on Google).

So I think because holiday-lettings is a 3rd party they do not show for some reason. Any ideas?

I am trying to contact Holiday Lettings but they are VERY hard to get hold of, and have no email support, contact form or FAQ docs on this matter. Frustrating - would appreciate a Tripadvisor response on this as I need to explain to my client why it is proving impossible to show the Tripadvisor reviews.

many thanks for any advice

Luke

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,361 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Widget Reviews problem& support for developers Tripadvisor?

Hi Luke and welcome to the support forum! Sorry your post went n answered for so long. Please note that I do not work for TripAdvisor. This is primarily a member-driven forum.

TripAdvisor has widgets available but only for the businesses listed here. Properties listed on Holidaylettings are displayed on TripAdvisor but not listed on TripAdvisor. I'm afraid you need to insist with Holidaylettings. Owners have a way of managing their listing on that site. Maybe the widgets are found on the Owners's management page like they are on TripAdvisor for other businesses.

Silvia

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Widget Reviews problem& support for developers Tripadvisor?

Does Trip advisor rating widgets support ajax based applications?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,274 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Widget Reviews problem& support for developers Tripadvisor?

Matters that pertain to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business owners or managers, should be posted in the Owners' forum. Please post your question on that forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i14281-Owners.h…

Saumur
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Widget Reviews problem& support for developers Tripadvisor?

Between Tripadvisor and Holiday Lettings there is every chance that worldwide insanity will result.

I have had the Tripadvisor RSS feeds on my two holiday properties for quite a while. TA have now switched it off. Of course it is beneath them to actually explain why. There is just a message saying that I should now use widgets. I go to the TA widget centre and, of course, my property is not recognized even though it has around 40 reviews. Clicking the "help" button, (and I use the term advisedly), I end on a page which invites me to list my property, it then says that a Holiday Lettings listing will be automatically listed on HL. here is the quote:

"TripAdvisor works in partnership with FlipKey and Holiday Lettings so when you register your vacation home on either site, your property will be automatically listed on TripAdvisor."

Of course I am already listed on HL and I did so 2 years ago because TA refused to accept a direct listing. Now I learn, according to this thread, that a Holiday Lettings listing is not actually listed on TA but merely displayed. The owners forum is useless because my property is, yes - you've guessed it, not listed.

I will ring HL, shortly - when I've plucked up the courage but if anyone can throw a beam of sanity into this insane mess I would be grateful.

Edited: 23 April 2014, 20:31
5. Re: Widget Reviews problem& support for developers Tripadvisor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2015, 07:15