We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to book through Trip Advisor?

Martinez, California
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to book through Trip Advisor?

I am interested in a property listed in Trip Advisor and I don't see where I can click to reserve. Just to inquiry.

Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall
Level Contributor
12,558 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to book through Trip Advisor?

That's because Tripadvisor is not a booking site

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to book through Trip Advisor?

Hi SalVega,

Welcome to the forums!

Just to add to Annabelle's post, some of the hotels use third party booking companies. However, it's a member's choice whether to use those or book directly with the hotel site (or via some other way).

Regards,

L4

Martinez, California
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How to book through Trip Advisor?

Then, I don't understand the "Book on line with a peace of mind" logo. How can I book online and pay by credit card if I cannot click anywhere?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to book through Trip Advisor?

Oh, you're asking about the new Holiday Rental guarantee plan. You can use that only if that Holiday Rental has signed up to use the TA booking plan. You can read more about it here:

What is the $10,000 Peace of Mind Guarantee badge?

…custhelp.com/app/…20mind

If they don't use that, then you'd need to use whatever booking system that Holiday Rental is using (I'd suggest reading the Terms and Conditions).

Regards,

L4

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,123 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to book through Trip Advisor?

Welcome to TripAdvisor, SalVega;

Just to add my esteemed colleague L4's reply...

The "Peace of Mind Guarantee" if offered for vacation rentals listed on TripAdvisor's sister sites, FlipKey & HolidayLettings.

Best Regards

6. Re: How to book through Trip Advisor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 07:18