We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tried listing my business several times...nothing

Sauk Rapids...
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Topic
Tried listing my business several times...nothing

Have tried several times to list my business, with no success...what might I be doing incorrectly? I filled out the form to the fullest extent, with no success.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tried listing my business several times...nothing

What kind of business?

Praya, Indonesia
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tried listing my business several times...nothing

Hi,

Myself and my husband have both tried to list our business on Trip Advisor for a few weeks now but we've had no response. The first time I filled in all the information and I got a message that it would be authorised within 5 working days but it's been well over that. There doesn't seem to be an email address for support that I can contact to see what's happening with our request. Only the help centre and I've done everything that the help centre suggests but we're still not on there. We have guests eagerly wanting to give us good reviews but can't! Can you help trip advisor? Please? Our place is called Bombora Bungalows in Lombok, Indonesia.

Thanks

Louise

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tried listing my business several times...nothing

New listings often take 6-8 weeks to appear on the site.

Scotland uk
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tried listing my business several times...nothing

I have been trying for weeks to get listed and keep getting emails saying I don't meet the criteria.. HELP I am a genuine business and I am giving them all the information I have also been reviewed by people who visited two places in town and gave us a mention can anyone give me suggestion of what I can do as there is reason that I can see for them not to list my business

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,711 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tried listing my business several times...nothing

>>"I am a genuine business..."<<

Hi classylady_11;

Not every type of business is eligible to be listed on TripAdvisor. What type of business do you operate ?

Have you read the listing criteria ?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GetListedNew

Best Regards

Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tried listing my business several times...nothing

Hi everybody,

I recently tried to add my Day Tour Company under attraction(things to do) but I received an email saying I don't meet the criteria.

But I carefully read all the instructions and I exactly gave all the necessary information.

And the worst thing in 2 or more other companies exactly operate like mine has get listed.

Please Help.

Thanks in advance

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tried listing my business several times...nothing

Forums are primarily member-to-member support.

Do you have a website? TA do not list multi-day tours, travel agencies, booking sites etc.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tried listing my business several times...nothing

Thanks for the reply Hans.

Yes I own a website and my own email server.

I am a day tour provider.

And as I mentioned earlier there are exactly similar companies listed.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,284 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tried listing my business several times...nothing

http://ceylondreamjourney.com/

Is this your company?

The guidelines say:

>>The attraction must have an official name, address, and published telephone number. It must be open/available to customers on a regularly scheduled basis. Pre-determined hours or departure times must be published on an official website or in a printed brochure.

If the attraction is not in a fixed place (e.g., tour or cruise), then scheduled departure times, place of departure and destinations (if applicable) must be provided on the website or in the brochure. We list companies that offer day tours or day cruises.<<

Official name, address, telephone number - yes.

Open to customers on a regularly scheduled basis - no indication.

Scheduled departure times - no indication

Pre-determined hours or departure times - no indication

Place of departure - some indication

Destinations - yes

Day tours - No day tour button present in your menu bar, although they are mentioned in a special box to the right side of your home page.

TA requires all this information to be visible and clearly stated on the website.

Edited: 22 September 2013, 05:32
Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tried listing my business several times...nothing

Hi there,

That is not my web site but thank you very much for the information because our website is not that standard.

so it seems like I have to make my website properly and try again right?

Seems like I have to spend a lot more on my website.

Thanks again