We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The hotel manager asked me directly to remove a review!

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
2 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
The hotel manager asked me directly to remove a review!

I would like to report that in response to my review below regarding Cherica hotel, my husband received a threat via email from the hotel management.

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

The threat is summarised as follows: "remove your comment from tripadvisor or you are no longer welcome in our hotel".

A copy of the response can be provided to you upon request.

Please advise on what course of actions should I take because I do not wish to withdraw my review because of bullying by the hotel management.

Also, what does tripadvisor intent to do with respect to this issue.

Regards

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The hotel manager asked me directly to remove a review!

Hi Elani,

Welcome to the forum!

The forums are primarily member-to-member and I'm a volunteer.

No, TA does not condone this type of behaviour from an Owner. If an Owner succeeds in having someone remove their review, it skews their rating so good for you that you're not removing your review. Here's an article from the Help Center:

What should I do if a business owner asks me directly to remove a review?

…custhelp.com/app/…1

Here's how to contact TA Staff about this issue; click on the following link:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/GeneralSupport

Then choose "Reviews" and next "Questions about Guidelines"

Please explain everything in the dialogue box, including the name of the business. If they want to see the correspondence, they will provide you with a method for submitting it.

Regards,

L4

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
2 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The hotel manager asked me directly to remove a review!

Thank you so much!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,672 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The hotel manager asked me directly to remove a review!

>>"Also, what does tripadvisor intent to do with respect to this issue."<<

Hi Eleni_gak;

TA staff will not advise you of what actions they may take, as they consider it a private matter. However, you may wish to read this page from the "Help Centre".

tripadvisor.com/help/review_fraud_consequenc…

Best Regards

Essex
Level Contributor
28,852 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The hotel manager asked me directly to remove a review!

But in your review you say you will never go back.....

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,220 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The hotel manager asked me directly to remove a review!

You gave them an "average" rating and there is nothing wrong with that! Don't remove your review and don't let them bully you. Contact TripAdvisor and let them know.

6. Re: The hotel manager asked me directly to remove a review!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 September 2013, 14:16
7. Re: The hotel manager asked me directly to remove a review!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 September 2013, 14:16
8. Re: The hotel manager asked me directly to remove a review!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 05:20