We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unfair hotel response

Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Unfair hotel response

I had a disgusting response from a hotel on here the bonnington beach hotel. They told complete lies about my husband and I, all of them I can prove were lies! They insinuated I had engaged in sexual activities in their room!! It was a disgusting response. Your rules state responses cannot be personally insulting yet you won't remove the comment!!!!! Why should lies be posted when a review was honest and backed up with photos!! Disgusting

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,744 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Unfair hotel response

Isn't two reviews for the same visit against Trip Advisor guidelines?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,469 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Unfair hotel response

yes!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,469 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Unfair hotel response

I actually get fed up of folk complaining about management responses ,Ok this one was a bit OTT but who's to say which party is telling the truth ,could it be the OP in just a little bit embarrassed by the M.R.?

The lady doth protest too much, methinks

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
59,932 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Unfair hotel response

>>>I actually get fed up of folk complaining about management responses ,Ok this one was a bit OTT but who's to say which party is telling the truth ,could it be the OP in just a little bit embarrassed by the M.R.?

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.<<<

You have a point unclegus, and I would normally agree with you. However, I don't think that the wording or the tone of the MR is appropriate on this occasion. The fact that it could have been written in a better way while essentially saying the same thing is the reason why I think it is deliberately offensive in order to force the OP to remove their own review.

15. Re: Unfair hotel response

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 September 2013, 13:46
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Unfair hotel response

Well I can only wish then that you went there and had what happened to me happen to you. I have a card receipt from the hotel that states my check in time of 1.55 proving I didn't check in at 11. I have text messages sent to my sister (with times and pics) sent whilst I was in the room. I have receipt of refund 20 minutes later then emails confirming booking on laterooms for a decent hotel 15 minutes after we left the bonnington. Citizens advice say I have ALL the proof I need to justify appointing a solicitor. When I can afford to do so I will. If as you imply I protest too much and I had indeed lied then I would have taken the darn review off myself. Do you not think? Also I backed up my review with photos. If you think I was engaged in sexual activity do you think I asked my husband (whilst on honeymoon) to stop for a sec whilst I take pictures of the mould on the window sill and text it to my sister!!! And why would I humiliate myself further by starting a debate on here? Well I suggest you go there and find out the hospitality yourself. And you see if you can perform in a dirty room!!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,469 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Unfair hotel response

I will have a look next time I am in Bournemouth but I usually stay in the Mirimar when I am there.

18. Re: Unfair hotel response

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 September 2013, 13:47
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Unfair hotel response

We ended up in the Britannia and that was fine. Sorry if I sounded angry but I can't abide liars and my second review does state that it's about my first. I'm so upset and made such a fuss cause this ruined the start to our honeymoon.

Emma

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,744 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Unfair hotel response

Fair enough the management response might be against TA guidelines but so is posting two reviews for the same trip is.