We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unfair hotel response

Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Unfair hotel response

I had a disgusting response from a hotel on here the bonnington beach hotel. They told complete lies about my husband and I, all of them I can prove were lies! They insinuated I had engaged in sexual activities in their room!! It was a disgusting response. Your rules state responses cannot be personally insulting yet you won't remove the comment!!!!! Why should lies be posted when a review was honest and backed up with photos!! Disgusting

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,804 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Unfair hotel response

Emma,

Your second review must have been published just yesterday. It was there when I responded.

You need to request removal. You CANNOT review a hotel twice for the same visit, nor can you review a hotel within three months of your previous review even if you had a second visit. Use the same form I gave you in my last post www.tripadvisor.com/userreviewsupport

If you don't remove it, both reviews may be taken down easily by a member or management reporting them.

Silvia

Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Unfair hotel response

I will take my other one down. It wasn't ment as a review just my right to respond.

Emma

Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Unfair hotel response

I have requested removal. I did not know the terms when I did it. At least I stick to the rules.

Emma

24. Re: Unfair hotel response

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it made false or speculative claims about TripAdvisor and its staff, or it quoted or summarised private correspondence from TripAdvisor staff.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2013, 13:40
25. Re: Unfair hotel response

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 September 2013, 06:05
Tucson Arizona
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
555 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Unfair hotel response

This story is quite interesting, but I also am amazed that TA let the response stand. I find it offensive and not following the guidelines as I understand them. The responses of the manager to other reviews are so very different from these unkind remarks.

27. Re: Unfair hotel response

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 November 2013, 13:00
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
46,006 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Unfair hotel response

I am both amazed and disappointed that the Management Response has not been removed. However, perhaps it should remain, as even though the original review and response will slip further down the pages, it will remain there for anyone looking through older reviews to find. It says a lot more about the hotel and its attitude than it does about Elmo36.

Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Unfair hotel response

Thanks everyone. I really hope you all reported as innapropriate too. I wish the manager could read these threads and realise his mistake. It is discraceful what he said and has caused so much upset. I don't care if people decide to believe me or not because my husband and I know what really happened and so does the hotel owner and his staff. We do however really appreciate all the support we received. Thank you. Emma

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises
Level Contributor
46,006 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Unfair hotel response

Emma, I certainly reported the MR as inappropriate. I think it might be best to accept that the review and the reply are going to stay as they are. You are right not to worry too much about whether people will believe you or not. I think that anyone who saw the response wuld think twice about staying somewhere that could be so insulting to guests, no matter what the circumstances. They could so easily have put their side of the story without becoming personal.

I hope that the new tone on the hotel's responses indicates that they have learned a lesson, and that they ar eno aware of the differences between a professional reply and one that merely makes them look petty and rude.