We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't add new hotel to trip advisor

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Can't add new hotel to trip advisor

I stayed at the Hotel Saint Pierre at 3 Rue Seveste in Paris, and have tried to add it however I get a message saying it will advise me when it's online but I never get the message and it never comes online, I have tried to add it about 6 times now.

The only thing I can think that might be causing the problem is there is already another Hotel Saint Pierre in 4 Rue de l'École de Médecine, Paris maybe this is causing the problem?

How can we get both of the Hotel Saint Pierre's in Paris on trip advisor as I read reviews for the one on trip advisor thinking it was the one I was booking but I was very mistaken when I arrived at the one I booked, it's listed on Expedia but not tripadvisor how can we fix this?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't add new hotel to trip advisor

Requests for new listings can take up to 6-8 weeks. Repeated requests do not speed up the process - quite the contrary.

Edited: 03 October 2013, 09:14
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,122 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't add new hotel to trip advisor

Hi smithfire;

Each time you submit a listing request for the same business / property, your earlier request gets pulled from the queue and placed with your most recent request, creating a further delay.

Sending a second request in a short period of time removes the first request. Your second request then sits in the queue in the order in which it was received. Then, if you send a third request, your second request is removed, etc, etc, etc.

TA staff process these requests in the order in which they are received. Your request is only as old as your last submission.

TA’s staff have commented that the listing team is very busy. As my esteemed colleague Hans_DEN has commented above, new listing requests can take as long as 6-8 weeks to be processed.

Best Regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't add new hotel to trip advisor

I'm thoroughly looking forward to this hotel going up and being able to write a review, people need to be warned.

I've just come back from Paris and made the same mistake as you did smithfire. Partly my fault as I had no idea there were two Hotel Saint Pierre's, but I have several issues with Expedia and their lack of customer service.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't add new hotel to trip advisor

Still waiting for it to come up in tripadvisor, it seems to be taking ages!! I'm keen to let people know what the hotel is like too

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't add new hotel to trip advisor

I have been on holiday recently, and am trying to give a review about it,

But don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,283 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't add new hotel to trip advisor

Hi Patricia,

Which hotel are you trying to review? The hotel St. Pierre in Paris on Rue Seveste that the original poster was requesting is listed here:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187147-d523814…

Silvia

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can't add new hotel to trip advisor

Aa Grand Oasis in sharm al sheik

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,845 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can't add new hotel to trip advisor

Already listed tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297555-d3172…

9. Re: Can't add new hotel to trip advisor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2015, 06:17