We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adding to saved trips

Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Adding to saved trips

I am having difficulty trying to add anything, i.e.. Accommodations, restaurants to my saved trip folder.

I would really be thankful to anyone that can help me figure this out .

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adding to saved trips

Hi Melena,

I'm wondering if you could provide more information. Are you using one of the apps and if so, for which mobile device? Also, could you say what is or isn't happening; do you click on it and it just doesn't save?

Regards,

L4

Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adding to saved trips

I am not using a mobile device, just my laptop.

I have a saved trip in my folder but do not see anywhere to "save" the accommodation when looking at vacation rentals. I hope this is a little more clear?

Thank you for your reply!

Marlene

(Malena)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adding to saved trips

Hi Marlene,

I don't see any way to save them either. I'd suggest bookmarking them. I don't know if you use Windows or not, but in Windows, I use OneNote and cut/paste accommodations where I can also make notes (besides saving and making notes on TA).

Regards,

L4

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,842 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adding to saved trips

I don't know if the inability to save Vacation rentals is a deliberate design decision by TA or a bug introduced inadvertently.

In any event the TA saved trips facility is so deficient that I have abandoned all use of it.

PlanApple and Travellerspoint have much more useful trip planners that allow you to save any web page plus notes to your trips, organise them and share with others

Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adding to saved trips

Thank you Luckyfour and mymsman for your suggestions.

I also agree that the TA saved trips is now no longer functional at all !

I will try your suggestions and keep on researching for our vacation:)

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
6. Re: Adding to saved trips

Hi Malena and all,

Our VR editors did remove the "Save" button from VR listings. I've forwarded them this thread to show them you'd like it to be added back.

Thanks!

Jeanine

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adding to saved trips

Thanks so much Jeanine. :)

Regards,

L4

Monticello...
Level Contributor
1 post
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adding to saved trips

I would like the save feature added back. This is a main feature that I like to use all the time and it helps for me and my husband to know which places we have targeted to visit. I know some say they have bookmarked but this would get to be too much considering I have a lot of ideas I want to remember, Please add this back soon not sure why it was taken down deliberately. Thanks so much!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,693 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adding to saved trips

Alicia, read post 4 for two websites that might work better for you than TA 's saved trips.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,254 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adding to saved trips

Welcome to the Support Forum, Alicia!

The Save feature is on Tripadvisor website as well as on the App. The only part that has been removed is Save for vacation/holiday rentals.

If you don't see it on hotels in the full site, you may need to press Ctrl - in your browser. For accommodations, it is on the left side margin. For attractions and restaurants, it is located to the right of the business name.

If you're using the iPad app, you need to turn the iPad to portrait mode to see be able to Save. You won't see the button in landscape mode.

Silvia