We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forum manager please contact me

new zealand
7 posts
Save Topic
Forum manager please contact me

Hi

Would the forum manager or staff please contact me. Thank you.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Forum manager please contact me

There is no such thing, your assumptions about how this site works are wholly incorrect.

If you own a business and your question is regarding that, see the sticky about owners.

Edited: 11 October 2013, 08:40
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,149 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Forum manager please contact me

The forums are open forums and operate in a peer to peer manner. I expect you are wanting to enquire about your very insubstantial post on the Aust forum. You may be a genuine guy Stuart, but when you come on the forums, you do need to be prepared to lay out all the details. You don't have to but most will not take that angle lightly as you have discovered.

You can contact TA by clicking on the following link:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

Then from the first drop down menu, choose > Forums, Private messages, Traveller articles.

From the second drop down menu, choose > Help with the forums.

Type your message/enquiry in the text box that appears

Trip Advisor staff will get back to you in 3-5 business days.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,004 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Forum manager please contact me

I'm sure you have valid reasons for wanting to contact the forum manager, Stuartjan. Forgive me for jumping to the conclusion that it's probably about the cool (but civil) reception you have received for your promotional efforts on the Australia forum. Anyway, you'll find the Help Centre useful: http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/help

Luigi

new zealand
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Forum manager please contact me

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes I am genuine, I have just returned to my own country from a wonderful holiday in Australia where a lady gave me very good service regarding hiring a van. I just wanted to say to people here's someone whom I believe to be value for money. I have absolutely nothing to do with her or her company at all, never even met her. I can't believe that so many people on this site feel that is the wrong thing to do. It really does give me a bad impression of this site. Anyway, thanks again.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,004 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Forum manager please contact me

Nobody feels it is the wrong thing to do. You have been asked some very reasonable questions to help us understand what happened and you have consistently declined to answer them. You can't blame people for being VERY sceptical about your posts.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,149 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Forum manager please contact me

When people are attempting their first "report" on the forums, it can be quite a puzzle about how to go about it. There are some "vital statistics" that need to go into it. Where, when, who or what, and most importantly what happened with regard to where, when, who or what. An unwillingness to go into detail about a trip report leaves nothing but questions.

It's a bit like your child coming home from an afternoon out saying that the bus driver had helped so much with a problem. The first thing you want to ask is "What happened?" But your child says, "I don't want to mention the bus company. These things happen with bus companies. I just want to say that the bus driver was really helpful." You would want to hear the story, I'm sure. Otherwise, there's just a lot of head scratching going on.

Edited: 11 October 2013, 09:40
new zealand
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Forum manager please contact me

Yes I declined to answer them and I gave very reasonable reasons as to why. I now prefer the Forum Manager to decide. This is getting very close to cyber bullying.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Forum manager please contact me

Contact TA staff.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/GeneralSupport

Select 'Forums, Private messages & Travellers Articles' and 'Help using the forums' from the drop downs.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,959 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Forum manager please contact me

Hi stuartjan;

Before I respond, I want to point out that I do NOT work for TripAdvisor. As with all Destination Experts, I’m a member just like you, who volunteers my time assisting fellow members.

I have just read through the thread in question, and I must say, your refusal to answer some very basic questions about your experience certainly does come across as "promoting" the one company who assisted you, especially when the actual rental company appears to have failed you completely.

STAY AT JOE'S !!!

Are their prices reasonable ? - I'd rather not answer.

Are the beds comfortable ? - I'd rather not answer.

What's the place like ? - I'd rather not answer.

Does it have a pool ? - I'd rather not answer.

Are the rooms quiet ? - I'd rather not answer.

So...why should I stay at Joe's ???

Because Fred's booked the hotel for me and they were nice.

HUH ???

The regular users of that forum "healthy skepticism" alarms are going off, due to your refusal to provide any basic "back-up" details about your experience. With that stance, it is easy to see why they feel that your "experience" is fake, and that your posts are promotional in nature.

TA staff moderate the forums, but only to ensure compliance with the forum guidelines.

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_thein_the_foru…

Respectfully, if by replying to some basic questions, makes you feel "bullied", then I would suggest that the TripAdvisor forums are not for you. Sorry, but nothing in that thread, IMHO, would warrant their attention.

Best Regards

Edited: 11 October 2013, 10:20
10. Re: Forum manager please contact me

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2013, 14:38
Edited: 11 October 2013, 14:38