We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tripadviser ignoring Internet scams on their website

London, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
Tripadviser ignoring Internet scams on their website

My wife fell for an Internet scam for a property advertised on the TripAdviser website. We suspect the reviews to be fake. We reported this to tripAdviser by clicking on the report link but received no reply for over a week and the were told it had been passed on to somebody to look at. We haven't had anybody get back for 2 weeks now and we don't know whether the support request was silently dropped or is progressing very slowly. We wrote a review so others can be made aware but were told that as the scammers never let us into their property we are not eligible to write a review. The TripAdvsier review policy cites "a substantial experience" and apparently we don't qualify. We found others complaining of similar experiences from the owners of this advert on other websites.

We have evidence of payment to the fraudsters and have confirmation of winning a small courts claim against the fraudsters. TripAdviser don't seem interested in looking at this.

The advert has only 5-star reviews and looks genuine. Since TripAdviser don't publish reviews by people who fell for scams we don't know how many others were scammed by these people after seeing the advert on TripAdviser.

It's tempting to reveal a link to the advert in question but sadly I think it's against the forum guidelines.

Is there no way to get adverts from scammers removed?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,811 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tripadviser ignoring Internet scams on their website

Hi travelerd3;

Before I respond, I want to point out that I do NOT work for TripAdvisor. As with all Destination Experts, I’m a member just like you, who volunteers my time assisting fellow members.

>>"We suspect the reviews to be fake. We reported this to tripAdviser by clicking on the report link but received no reply for over a week and the were told it had been passed on to somebody to look at. We haven't had anybody get back for 2 weeks now..."<<

TA staff will NOT advise you of their findings, as moderation is considered a private matter.

>>"We wrote a review so others can be made aware but were told that as the scammers never let us into their property we are not eligible to write a review."<<

Who told you that ? TA staff ?

Best Regards

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,040 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tripadviser ignoring Internet scams on their website

"the scammers never let us into their property we are not eligible to write a review"

Sounds like it may have been a vacation rental.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,430 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tripadviser ignoring Internet scams on their website

Been here before

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186216-i15-k690…

Although others on this forum may have more to add...

London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tripadviser ignoring Internet scams on their website

EssexWanderer, Yes. I was advised this was a better place to post.

Country_Wife, it was indeed a holiday rental

London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tripadviser ignoring Internet scams on their website

RescueTeam, we were informed the review was rejected by email from TripAdviser and the email confirmed that it was rejected because we never actually got to stay at the property.

Regarding the reporting of the fake reviews, we offered to provide evidence but it was never requested. It seems strange if they decided they did not have enough evidence to silently drop it. We've been chasing these people for months now and know a lot about them. What's scary is that they've been doing this to people for many years.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tripadviser ignoring Internet scams on their website

Is this Holiday Lettings or Flipkey? Are they taking money and then not letting you stay or avoiding refunds? The information from both sites is fed to TA. Both of those sites have support links for both owners and non-owners. I'd encourage you to write to whatever company it is and let them know what happened. You've alluded to fraudulent business practices and if so, whichever one should know (they're part of TA).

Regards,

L4

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tripadviser ignoring Internet scams on their website

Just to add, you can also contact TA Staff this way as this for this issue:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/GeneralSupport

Vacation Rentals > I have a question about a holiday review (and go from there). You'll get a dialogue box.

Regards,

L4

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,074 posts
1,080 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tripadviser ignoring Internet scams on their website

I'm wondering if this is what happened:

The OP paid some sort of down payment or deposit for a vacation rental / self catering and then did not stay there. I'm guessing that when they arrived at the property they didn't like it for some reason, who knows what, and demanded their money back which the property owners refused to give.

TA won't accept their review of the rental property since they did not stay there.

They also appear to be claiming that the reviews of the property are fake.

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g190358…

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,413 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tripadviser ignoring Internet scams on their website

It's Columbus Day holiday today in the US. Nothing much is happening in their offices today.

I notice from your London thread that you rented from VRBO. Just for information, TA is a giant data base and do not book anything. Like a newspaper, they take payment for the things that companies want to advertise. Like a newspaper, a customer who answers an ad paid for by John Appleby's Fine Furniture and gets a bad deal would not go to the newspaper, but to the police. I'm sure TA wants to know your story, but ultimately the ones responsible for vetting the listing, in this case, will be VRBO who do both listings and take bookings. Having said that, TA would work together with VRBO to sort this out. I hope you have reported your experience of fraud to VRBO.

You say you used the link to report what you expected were fake reviews and got a message back. This is quite a different scenario than the fraud, scam, payment to fraudsters, and a win in small claims court scenario. Did you contact TA about just the fake reviews or the trouble and legal proceedings you went through or both? Two different levels of seriousness. I would expect you have contacted TA about the claim of fraud (not scam which is getting something but not nearly what you thought you paid for) but don't see mention of this in your post.

London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tripadviser ignoring Internet scams on their website

Half-Brit, what happened was that after a price was agreed and my wife had paid a deposit they demanded more money. My wife refused and asked for the deposit back. They refused to allow her into the property without paying more. UK law considers this a breach of contract and we won our small claims case for this. Others have had money demanded on arrival of the property and had money promised to be returned back to them that never materialised. These people are in court a lot for not paying their bills. Even after losing the court case they haven't paid us. They live outside the UK which makes them hard to get at.