We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wrong location

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
wrong location

The clothiers arms. Station road, stocksmoor, Huddersfield. This is our address. So I do not undrrstand how trip adviser can add Stocksmoor as city on its own. Which means that as there is nothing here apart from the pub, we will always be 1 of 1. However this also means anyone looking for somewhere to eat in Huddersfield ( the town we are in ) will never find us ( as pointed out by several customers ). I would rather be 3 of 244 in the correct town. Come on Trip Adviser...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wrong location

Hi burglee,

The forums are primarily member driven and I'm a volunteer and member like you.

As this is an issue related to your business, please post on the Owner's Forum. You need to be a verified owner to access the Owner's Forum. Please see the following link for more information:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048-…

I see there is a Clothiers Arms restaurant listed in Stocksmoor and one in Stroud (not sure if this is a duplicate) and one in Yeadon. When you post your question on the Owner's Forum, could you please state if there are duplicates as this can be reported to TA via your Management Center.

In terms of how you're listed, the issue has been raised about wanting the listing to show up as part of a larger center; please include this in your Owner's Forum post.

Regards,

L4

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,702 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wrong location

To say you're unfindable on TripAdvisor is not strictly true, as you also show as #7 out of 2996 in West Yorkshire as a whole, which is pretty good going. So anyone viewing the wider West Yorkshire area rankings and restaurant map will obviously still find you easily. Also from the map on the Huddersfield page.

There are many other instances of suburbs or nearby villages, even hamlets,having their own separate destination listings as seems to be TripAdvisor's official policy but there are also plenty of instances of some having been reorganised to fall as a "sub-destination" of a town or city which you could request, even though (and I'm not familiar with the place) from the maps it does appear to be outside of Huddersfield town itself though as a business I can appreciate you wanting to be included on the Huddersfield listings.

As an owner the normal advice as per above is to use the Owners' Forum to ask other owners on the best way how to tackle this issue with TripAdvisor as Owners have their own tools for contacting TripAdvisor.

3. Re: wrong location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 04:18