We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Advisor have got it wrong

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Advisor have got it wrong

I am really annoyed that Trip Advisor have changed the location of my friends business and now she doesn't appear when people search the Huddersfield area.

She and her partner have worked really hard to build a successful restaurant and trip advisor was helping due to the number of positive reviews they were receiving however after she notified them that they had located her in Stockport instead of Stocksmoor, Huddersfield they made a new location called Stocksmoor, which is a small village in Huddersfield. Nobody outside this area wouldn't know the village existed and so would never search for it... Ludicrous...

Shas contacted them several times and they are unwilling to do anything about it.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,088 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Advisor have got it wrong

Well I think she needs to pursue that as the owner and you as a Member can also let TA know that the address is wrong . There is the help center for you to use to report this issue

While posting here will help you get a few more ideas on how to notify TA, the problem cannot be solved on this support forum

I am sure she has ways to get this fixed by supplying proof etc but that has to be done via the owners forum

Good luck

Edited: 29 October 2013, 11:08
USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Advisor have got it wrong

Here is the relevant Help Center link: …custhelp.com/app/…location

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,842 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Advisor have got it wrong

Your friend could also ask through the Owners centre that Stocksmoor be included in the listings for Huddersfield

tripadvisor.com/TripAdvisorInsights/more-vis…

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,416 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Advisor have got it wrong

This issue had already been raised by the owner on this forum the previous day:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k69494…

5. Re: Trip Advisor have got it wrong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 05:20