We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review rejected, but what does this mean?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
42 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Review rejected, but what does this mean?

I submitted four reviews one day, and one was rejected with this message.

We value your contribution, and would like to be able to post it to our website. However, we are unable to publish your review because it violated the following guideline:

*Written with standard e-mail etiquette

The e-mail address associated with your account must be correct. We may need to contact you if there is a problem with your review, so make sure you have a current, valid e-mail address, please. No HTML tags. Please follow standard etiquette when writing your review. Do not use excessive typographic symbols, capitalization, or slang.

I don't understand what could have caused this. I did have a couple of parentheses, Capitalized only proper names, no slang, and I have no HTML tags in the review. I could post the review here if this does not violate guidelines. I took out anything I thought might trigger a filter and resubmitted it, but it is still pending after 24 hours.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,390 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review rejected, but what does this mean?

Hi

As part of that rejection e_mail it would contain a copy of your review - can you please post it in this thread for some of us to look at and we will tell you what the problem is

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
42 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review rejected, but what does this mean?

------original review-------

Subject: Anton & Michel

Location: Carmel, Monterey Peninsula, California, United States, North America

Title: Our favorite Carmel restaurant

ID#: 182976254

We have been coming to Carmel-by-the-Sea for many years, sometimes for the day, sometimes for a We have been coming to Carmel-by-the-Sea for many years, sometimes for the day, sometimes for a multi day stay. We have eaten in many fine restaurants here, including The Grill on Ocean Avenue and Portabella (two of Tony Salameh's other properties). But there is one that we constantly return to - Anton & Michel. It is a Carmel classic and should be high on anyone's list of must visit fine dining establishments. I am dating this review as of March 2013 because we were here for a special birthday, but we have never been disappointed any other time, and we will be going back in just a few weeks. We always expect and always receive old world superb service and quality food to match. The wait staff is very efficient and friendly without being obsequious, even when put to the test of tableside preparation. Starting with a wonderful presentation of Caesar salad and ending with one of three flaming desserts (no other restaurant can match this), every meal here is an event. We also drop in for lunch in the bar, where the bar menu is equally delicious if not quite as fancy. And thank you, Denise, for always making me a perfect Gin and Tonic! The recent total renovation was very well planned and executed, and the new look is wonderful. The view of the Court of the Fountains has always been great, and they did not change things there a bit. I titled this review as our favorite Carmel restaurant, but upon reflection, it really is our favorite restaurant anywhere.-day stay. We have eaten in many fine restaurants here, including The Grill on Ocean Avenue and Portabella (two of Tony Salameh's other properties). But there is one that we constantly return to - Anton & Michel. It is a Carmel classic and should be high on anyone's list of must visit fine dining establishments. I am dating this review as of March 2013 because we were here for a special birthday, but we have never been disappointed any other time, and we will be going back in just a few weeks. We always expect and always receive old world superb service and quality food to match. The wait staff is very efficient and friendly without being obsequious, even when put to the test of table side preparation. Starting with a wonderful presentation of Caesar salad and ending with one of three flaming desserts (no other restaurant can match this), every meal here is an event. We also drop in for lunch in the bar, where the bar menu is equally delicious if not quite as fancy. And thank you, Denise, for always making me a perfect Gin and Tonic! The recent total renovation was very well planned and executed, and the new look is wonderful. The view of the Court of the Fountains has always been great, and they did not change things there a bit. I titled this review as our favorite Carmel restaurant, but upon reflection, it really is our favorite restaurant anywhere.

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,711 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review rejected, but what does this mean?

Hi Imawino

To be honest the only reason I read the full review was to see what other violations might be there.

It is too long without even a paragraph break.

Maybe your title could be the problem.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review rejected, but what does this mean?

I don't see anything wrong with the title.

I would cut out mention of the other restaurants, TA tend not to like "this resto is better than that resto" type comparisons.

Plus, I don't know if this is just an artifact of you copying from the email into your post, but there are many repeated sentences in there, the whole review seems to be repeating itself about 3 or 4x.

Edited: 05 November 2013, 16:56
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review rejected, but what does this mean?

ps how about use of the word "flaming" which has an association with email disputes? That potentially fits the description of "Written with standard e-mail etiquette"

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,390 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Review rejected, but what does this mean?

Hi

I suggest you re-read your review as many parts of it are repeated multiple times and overall it does not make sense

Also please break it up into paragraphs

There is nothing wrong with long reviews but in this case much of the length is just due to your repeating the same thing over and over again

Like Jo I see nothing wrong with the title but agree the word flaming may be one of the issues

Edited: 05 November 2013, 17:04
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,950 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Review rejected, but what does this mean?

If the review submitted to TA is identical to the review in post #2, then it was probably rejected because of the repetition of a large block of text.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
42 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Review rejected, but what does this mean?

Crikey, that is not what I submitted! I may be long winded, but I would never put up something like that. I didn't read the posting here after I copied it to the forum. Maybe that is why it got rejected. It must have been corrupted somehow. Hopefully the resubmitted one will go through.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
42 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Review rejected, but what does this mean?

How embarrassing!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Review rejected, but what does this mean?

Not to worry. I don't know if you're using an app or not but sometimes you get can duplicate postings/information using them. I write my reviews in word where I can edit, have a second look at content/spacing, etc. before submitting and even then check the draft. You may have done the same thing.

If it's showing as pending, it's waiting to be processed. If you have problems again with this review, please feel welcome to post again.

Regards,

L4

Edited: 05 November 2013, 18:21