We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One of my earliest reviews is listed as 'been'

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
109 reviews
Save Topic
One of my earliest reviews is listed as 'been'

Hi there,

An early review which was a bad one seems to have been removed from my list. The location is there but the review is listed as 'been' and there is no record of it. Does anyone know what 'been' means?

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,933 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One of my earliest reviews is listed as 'been'

When you write a review it automatically puts a pin on your travel map to show you have Been to the city.

When a review is deleted, possibly because the business has closed, changed ownership or been remodelled, the map pin is not removed because it still a destination that you have visited

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,029 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One of my earliest reviews is listed as 'been'

Hi Tooben;

For the exact reason why your review has been deleted, you will need to contact TA staff directly using this link.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

For the first pull down, click on "Status of my review" and a second pull down will appear.

For the second pull down, click on "Not listed"

Best Regards

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One of my earliest reviews is listed as 'been'

Thank you for this. I have done it and wait to see what the response is. I have an idea that the review might be too old as it was about three years ago when I visited this hotel, but the experience was so bad it needs to be 'out there' for folks to read.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,029 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One of my earliest reviews is listed as 'been'

You're Welcome, Tooben !

>>"I have an idea that the review might be too old as it was about three years ago when I visited this hotel."<<

Do you mean that you recently submitted this review of an experience 3 years ago ?

Best Regards

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One of my earliest reviews is listed as 'been'

No.. I visited the hotel previously and wrote a review at the time, which I felt compelled to do as my experience there was not good. It has been taken off because the hotel management has apparently changed although I note that the more recent reviews are every bit as bad as mine was..LOL

I won't be reviewing it again for obvious reasons. I would rather eat barbed wire :)

6. Re: One of my earliest reviews is listed as 'been'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 05:18