We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my review was removed

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
my review was removed

after taking advice from several people on this forum yesterday TA got back to me and say Thank you for contacting TripAdvisor.

It appears that your review has been caught up in our automatic filters, which set aside content that we feel might require special attention. Unfortunately, I cannot go into detail about what triggered the removal, nor can I publish your post.

At this point, you may wish to review our guidelines for traveler reviews: tripadvisor.com/help/our_guidelines_for_trav…

We apologize for the inconvenience, but hope that you can appreciate that TripAdvisor works hard to ensure that the information on our site is unbiased and pure.

Best Regards,....thats all well and good but can someone tell my why my partner has not been allowed to upload a review either.his review didnt even get posted.surely we are allowed to have an account each from the same house

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,761 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: my review was removed

Yes, you both are allowed to have an account and post a review of a shared experience. Why are you saying your partner is not allowed to submit a review? In which sense?

The message you got, well, I'm not surprised. It happened to me a couple of years ago, and more than once, including for reviews that had been posted for several months. All you can do now is re-write your review and resubmit. Once I had to resubmit twice before I got it to stick without the darn auto filters removing it. Presumably, when that happens is because there was a guideline violation--but honestly, I don't think those filters are that smart. Many reviews that clearly violate guidelines are published and others that don't, aren't.

Silvia

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: my review was removed

hi silvia. my partner made a review the day after me which was last friday the 8th i think and his review hasnt been published either neither has his sisters.i rewritten my review made it very short and quick to the point and thats not been published either.im getting very suspicious.im a genuin person whos been using trip advisor a few years.i really dont understand this

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,554 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: my review was removed

Perhaps you have misspelled a word which has triggered the profanity filter. Why don't you put your review here so we can look at it and see if there's anything that stands out?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: my review was removed

"i think and his review hasnt been published either neither has his sisters"

Reviews can take from a day or so to two weeks to be published to the site. As long as their reviews are still showing as pending I'd suggest they wait.

With all due respect, as you haven't heard back from TA, you don't know why your review hasn't been published. I think that once you know the reason, you'll then be able to know what the next step should be; this could be anything from adding TA address as safe in your email to making a minor change to the review.

This has been a long weekend in the US and Canada (perhaps other places as well) so less working days. It can take several business days to get a reply depending on staff workload.

Regards,

L4

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: my review was removed

I think the OP relates TA's reply message to the OP. Not sure about her partner and her partner's sister. But it's much too soon to be looking for a published review.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,988 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: my review was removed

Hi jacki666;

Regarding your partner and your partner's sister's review...

Do their reviews show as “Pending” in the contributions area of their profiles ?

As mentioned above, reviews can be posted in as little as a day, or as long as a few weeks, depending on the staff’s workload at TripAdvisor.

Best Regards

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: my review was removed

no they are not showing as pending they are not showing at all.and as for being to early to publish the review other people who shared the same week as us have had their reviews published and they posted them after us.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: my review was removed

hi thnks for your reply.i just wrote the review off the top of my head i didnt keep a copy so carnt upload it on here sorry.but im guna attempt it again and post the new review here and i be very greatful for anyones help in making sure im not breaking any guidlines

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,694 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: my review was removed

There is no pecking order to when reviews go up. It doesn't matter who wrote theirs first or second. TA do what they do in the time that they do it.

10. Re: my review was removed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 05:18