We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reviews not published

blackpool
Level Contributor
11 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
reviews not published

Can any one please help i have now tried to review the athens restaurant in birmingham and trip abvisor refuse to publish it have also had friends we went with and there reviews are not published either all the reviews we are trying to put on are of a negative but only good reviews are being published why

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,393 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reviews not published

You can paste a copy if your review below for regular posters to have a look. Hope you kept a copy in a word document.

When TA lets you know that your review was not accepted, they tell you the reason. What did your email say?

There are a variety of reasons for this, always to do with violating a guideline. Negative reviews are the most likely to overstep the guidelines, simply because the reviewer is not a happy reviewer and can trip up. So let's have a look.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,900 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reviews not published

>>only good reviews are being published why<<

You have submitted several reviews that have a "terrible" rating, so you do know that TripAdvisor DOES post poor reviews!

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g1096757-d24…

When people are angry or upset, they may accidentally violate the review guidelines. If you post your review here, perhaps we can help your to determine why it is in violation of the guidelines.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reviews not published

Hi there, since you've made the offer to review posts, could you have a look at this and let me know why Tripadvisor might have rejected it based on it not being "First Hand and Written by Actual Traveller"? This is totally a first hand experience, and a genuine review!

I always read up reviews extensively before making a decision to stay at a non-branded-large-chain hotel or resort. As we were staying in Orlando for 7 nights and we were travelling with a toddler, we wanted a place which came with a kitchen, washer and dryer for the convenience. Blue Heron seemed to meet our requirements based on the reviews. Its affordable pricing and location made it a good compromise from the more luxurious accommodation types we are used to staying in .

After an 8-hour drive, we were just glad to finally arrive at the resort. Check-in was quick and efficient and we were up in the unit in no time. We did, however, end up being locked out of the apartment on the first night due to faulty keys. It didn't happen again for the rest of our stay since we were careful to keep the keys in the paper sleeve provided after that. Being Spring Break week, traffic was horrendous but we were mentally prepared for it.

Our unit was in Tower 2, Room 1405, a one-bedroom unit. Location of the master bedroom was less than ideal as it was right along the corridor and main door of the unit - noisy. This is followed by a long corridor where the 2nd bathroom was and opposite it, the double-decker bunk beds were tucked into a hole in the wall. This was really not a good location, it was dark and felt dirty. The room then opened up into the kitchen and living room, which felt spacious and relatively clean.

As the main purpose of our trip to Orlando was to visit the Disney and Universal theme parks, we were only in the apartment at night to sleep. We didn't use any of the services so I cannot comment on that.

During the week, I woke up on two different mornings with a couple of bites on my left arm and forehead. I assumed they were mosquito bites and thought nothing of them until the very last night of our stay because the itch wasn't going away. We suspected that there might have been bed bugs in the master bedroom, so I decided to sleep in the hallway on the lower bunk bed instead. BIG MISTAKE. By the end of our 9-hour drive home, my entire body was covered in huge red welts and the itch was unbearable. My neck, chest, face, arms, legs and middle torso were covered in over 200 bites. These were confirmed to be bed bug bites by the doctor I saw the next day.

I informed the owner of the apartment, who then informed the resort's management. While they were quick to get in touch with me to follow up, I had expected more compensation than a complimentary stay on my next visit. Clearly, after being bitten up by bed bugs at the resort, I wasn't ever going to stay there again. As week later, the resort did confirm that they found ONE bed bug in the apartment, although I am sure there were more given the number of bites I had.

Perhaps I am one of the unlucky few that had to battle with the reaction from the extensive bites for such a long time, even till today. Multiple visits to the doctor and dermatologist, thousands worth in medication and injections, have still not been able to treat my bites and scars fully.

Needless to say, I do not recommend staying here, unless you are prepared to take the risk of getting bitten by bed bugs, and carrying them home with you (which thankfully did not happen to us).

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,393 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reviews not published

Hi Felte ~

I was merrily reading along thinking this is not a problem until I came to the bed bugs section. It is my opinion only, based on a couple of other comments on this forum about reviews that mention bed bugs, that TA do not take lightly to the mention of them in reviews. Again, my opinion, but this kind of review can seriously create cancellations galore from guests who have booked in for future nights but read such a review. These hotels are sensitive about their reputation and know that their hotel's reputation can be immediately affected, and for much more than one season by the mention of bedbugs in a review.

The other issue about reviews is that they can be posted up by anyone. You have been a member for about 3-5 weeks? and have nothing really in terms of a posting history. Your review could have been written by a disgruntled employee who has just been fired. So, IMO, TA is very very careful about posting a review that will have such dire consequences for an owner's livelihood.

My 2 cents.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reviews not published

Hey MuftiMixandmatch, thanks for your comments.

Here's my take though.

Firstly, TA cannot reject it giving me a reason that it is not first hand and not my experience. They are being insulting by insinuating that I have fabricated the story.

Secondly, I've told TA that I have email correspondences with the resort, dated photographs of my bites as well as medical bills and doctors' notes to verify that this was a genuine experience.

After the bed bug incident, I read all the reviews on TA thoroughly about this resort and was surprised that I could not find anyone else mention bed bugs. Given what I had experienced, the place was infested! Now that I'm trying to warn other travellers of the dangers, I finally understand why there haven't been other reviews about bed bugs. It's because TA makes it so difficult for such reviews to be posted, which is really unfair. Had I seen a review about bed bugs at the resort prior to my stay, I would not have booked, and would not have had to go through what I did with the medication, injections, scars, etc.

When I was talking to the resort after my stay, I told them I would post a review on TA. And they told me not to. It's taken me this long to post the review because it's taken this long to recover from the bites.

6. Re: reviews not published

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 November 2013, 05:35
7. Re: reviews not published

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 November 2013, 05:35
8. Re: reviews not published

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 06:19