We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No response?

Save Topic
No response?

I've submitted my business to be listed a couple of times in the last two months with no response. Can't get a response from anyone. What do I do?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No response?

Hi,

As was mentioned in your previous posts, you need to wait and not resubmit.

tripadvisor.ca/…54058222

When you send another request, that then becomes your submission date so you slow it down by resubmitting; just wait until you hear back from TA Staff. You can always do a search (box upper right), to see if the listing has been added. Only day trips/tours can be added.

Regards,

L4

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,578 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No response?

Is it this charter business:

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Save Reply
3. Re: No response?

Yes we do day trips in the BVIs and USVIs.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,578 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No response?

Well, as Lucky says, you need to give it 4-6 weeks from the date of your most recent submission. If TA will not list it, you will get an email saying why. If it is accepted, they might send you an email, but they might not, so best to keep checking the forum where you asked the listing to be posted up to see if it has been done.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,672 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No response?

Hi Mufti;

If the OP's business is listed, as you linked to in reply #2, there is nothing more to wait for.

Best Regards

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,578 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No response?

The listing is for Cedar Key, Florida and the reviews go back to April, 7 months. Post 3 says day trips in the BVI and the USVI and making a new submission in the last 2 months. It would probably be a long "day trip" there from Florida, although I have no idea of the nautical miles, so I assumed they have requested a new listing for these other locations with a different website. They couldn't use the website in the link above as there is no info on anything but Cedar Key. This is why I am saying they will have to wait. Hope Captain Jimbo will clarify.

Edited: 30 November 2013, 06:45
Save Reply
7. Re: No response?

That's a different business. My business is listed as Captain Jimbo Charters. I operate out of St John, USVI.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,578 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No response?

Ah, I thought you were saying: yes, the listing in the link in post 2 was yours.

Save Reply
9. Re: No response?

Nope. Sorry for the confusion.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,578 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: No response?

Is this your company?

http://www.captainjimbocharters.com/about-us/

I'm going to link the criteria needed to get listed. Make sure your website includes all of them.

tripadvisor.com/help/__things_to_do_guidelin…

There is a line that says something about additional restrictions. Here it is:

We only list companies that offer day tours or day cruises.

Given what I am not seeing on your website, it seems likely your listing request will be declined. So squirrel away on your website info at that point and resubmit your request for a listing.