We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

review posted to the wrong location

nelson bay
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
review posted to the wrong location

hello

There are two reviews that appear on The Deck At Soldiers Point Australia that should have been on The Point Restaurant also at Soldiers Point. I have emailed the reviewers who confirmed they ate at The Point.

the reviewers are Tony C and Happy 4615.

How Can we get these reviews posted to the right location?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,016 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: review posted to the wrong location

Hi outfoxed;

You can use the "Problem with this review?" button within the misplaced review to alert TA staff.

Best Regards

nelson bay
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: review posted to the wrong location

Hello

I did as you suggested and nothing seems to have happened.

It is a problem that happens a lot. some reviewers will move them when asked.

I think it is because when I type in The Point Restaurant in the search box we don't show up unless I am on The Point Restaurants page.

Regards

Paul

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,016 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: review posted to the wrong location

Hi Paul;

When you user the "Report" button, your concern is sent to a TA staff member who will contact the user asking about the placement of the review. That user will have 7-14 days to reply to TA staff.

I may be a few weeks before the reviews are moved, if at all.

Best Regards

Edited: 04 December 2013, 05:45
nelson bay
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: review posted to the wrong location

Ok Thank You

What about the problem with the search box?

Regards

Paul

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,187 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: review posted to the wrong location

I have to type just The Point Res in the search bar above the green menu bar on this page and the first suggested name takes me to this:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g529017-d1…

When I type in The Deck at Soldiers Point, the search hesitates for a moment, then produces The Deck on Soldiers Point Marina. Except the name on the proprietorial website seems to be just The Deck:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g529008-d2…

I read above your words: "we don't show up" which seems to indicate that you are the owner of The Point. Is that correct? There is an Owners' Forum on TA. Are you registered as an owner? On the main page of this forum, the page with the topics list, there is, in second position against a push pin, an article about registering as an owner and accessing the Owner's Forum. Please read everything and open the hyperlinks within that article to read more. If you are already registered as an owner, you need to post any business related questions on the Owners' Forum.

One way to try to improve accuracy in reviewing from your customers is to use the Owners' Forum to ask that question. I only know that there are ways that owners can avail themselves of when their guests are leaving the property to help those who might write a review get the listing right.

Edited: 04 December 2013, 06:25
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,187 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: review posted to the wrong location

Can't edit twice.

I think you could successfully argue to TA that the name of the listing might be changed to reflect the name shown in the website, which is The Deck, Cafe-Restaurant-Bar.

7. Re: review posted to the wrong location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:17