We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reviewed a hotel where lost ring is not recovered

Mumbai, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Reviewed a hotel where lost ring is not recovered

I reviewed a hotel where a lost ring is not recovered due to half hearted effort by the hotel.

Trip Advisor did not feel it makes sense for them to publish the review.

"Thank you for your review. We have opted not to publish your review as it does not meet our guidelines for traveler reviews."

My review:

"My wife stayed at the hotel on 16th November and kept her Gold ring on the wash basin and forgot it there. It was never recovered by the hotel.

They say their staff is honest and they check their housekeeping staff while leaving the hotel. But the ring has been lost and I felt that the hotel did not try hard enough to recover it. There is no need to scan their employees if they are indeed honest.

The hotel otherwise is also disappointing especially when it is a 4 star hotel. Their buffet can hardly be called a buffet considering the small spread.

I would not recommend this to anybody for the low standards in hospitality and ethics. "

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,646 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reviewed a hotel where lost ring is not recovered

I think your review was declined because, as TA indicated, it did not review your hotel stay so it did not meet the requirements for a review.

Your comments are a complaint, not a review and as such, would probably not be suitable.

A review would contain comments about things like: service, value, sleep quality, cleanliness, location and rooms,

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,912 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reviewed a hotel where lost ring is not recovered

Also it begins with "My wife stayed at the hotel..." therefore this suggests it was not your own personal experience of staying in the hotel.

Review guidelines require all reviews to be your own personal experience, describing events that happened to others, even those of your wife, is classed as "heresay"/second-hand experience.

Edited: 03 December 2013, 07:39
Mumbai, India
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reviewed a hotel where lost ring is not recovered

Thanks. Agree that it is not a first hand experience which i can always ask my wife to post it to meet their guidelines.

I can cover the service aspects in detail. Infact i did to a little extent though it was not my primary objective.

Nevertheless, I feel that the complaint i am making here touches upon a very critical and fundamental aspect of the hospitality industry and i am sure it would helps others to make an informed decision based on this experience.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
53,642 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reviewed a hotel where lost ring is not recovered

Have your wife post a review which actually reviews the hotel and in that you can add that part about the ring.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,577 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reviewed a hotel where lost ring is not recovered

Over the years I have seen many reviews where lost property or theft was mentioned but these included much more details of the property

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,982 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reviewed a hotel where lost ring is not recovered

I definitely think that the biggest issue is that the poster did not stay there and so therefore could not give a personal review of their experience. The rest may be an issue, but that seems primary.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reviewed a hotel where lost ring is not recovered

They say their staff is honest and they check their housekeeping staff while leaving the hotel. But the ring has been lost and I felt that the hotel did not try hard enough to recover it. There is no need to scan their employees if they are indeed honest.

-------

I have twice found jewelery in hotel rooms left behind by careless previous occupants. It's quite possible that those people also criticised the hotel for their lack of effort, honesty or who knows what and like those people it was their fault entirely.

What specifically do you think the hotel should have done to meet your requirements for trying hard enough?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,221 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reviewed a hotel where lost ring is not recovered

I can't help but think that a ring left next to a washbasin could easily have fallen down the drain, which could make it difficult or even impossible to find.

I've also lost jewellery in my own house and despite diligent searching could not find it. It has sometimes turned up months or years later.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reviewed a hotel where lost ring is not recovered

I've also lost jewellery in my own house and despite diligent searching could not find it.

----

Fire the household staff :-)

10. Re: Reviewed a hotel where lost ring is not recovered

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 December 2013, 22:35