We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Profanity?

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
4 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Profanity?

Hi, just tried to post a review but got an error message telling me n´my text contains a profanity. I can't find any profanities in my reviews, but then English is not my native language. Do you know what word they're reacting to?

"Location: This hotel has an OK location, right next to Termini station. However, that's not an area that you explore as a tourist. It's good if you need to be close to the train station, though. If I were to travel to Rome again, I would choose to live closer to Piazza Navona and the nearby neighbourhood which has more character. A cheaper, but very nice location is Trastevere. So choose those neighbourhoods instead if you don't have to be close to Termini.

Hotel: Very friendly staff, a family run hotel. The house is nice, with a cool courtyard (although you are not allowed to stand in the courtyard...)

Room: Our room was basic, clean and small but still liveable for two adults. The bathroom was very small and a bit run down. The bed was very uncomfortable. You could feel every spring in the mattress. Don't stay here if you want to sleep. There was also noise from the floor above, starting at around 6 am every morning. It sounded like they were stomping on the floor. So, we hardly got any sleep during our stay. The door to the corridor was paper-thin. Luckily, the other people staying there were quiet.

Breakfast: Sugary! If you like pastry, you have come to the right place. Coffee was OK. I would rather buy breakfast somewhere else.

All in all, I would stay somewhere else if I were to return to Rome."

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,919 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Profanity?

Jeanine

Out of interest why are TA reluctant to highlight or underline the offending words???

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,509 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Profanity?

I would offer that reply #19, above, is a definite step in the right direction for T/A, who may sometimes seem reluctant to explain things to the common herd.

So thank you, Jeanine.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,888 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Profanity?

You and me both, Joe!

Yes, I recall a few times where the profanity filters got confused by posting in a different language than the website. It always stumps us since the English is just fine ;-)

Thanks for clearing this up, Jeanine.

--

Lottagus, I was amused by your comment:

>>There was also noise from the floor above, starting at around 6 am every morning. It sounded like they were stomping on the floor.<<

One place we stayed years ago we were convinced they were moving furniture all night long right above us, LOL!

24. Re: Profanity?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:17