We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Listing keeps getting rejected, not conform the guidelines

Nieuwpoort
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Topic
Listing keeps getting rejected, not conform the guidelines

Hello there!

First off, let me give a quick summary on what we are, and what we do. Maybe this will give you some insight on how to reolve the problem I'm facing.

We are a business in Belgium and we offer a wide variety of things.

Basically we are an outdoor sports organisation based at the Belgian coast. We offer all kinds of beach-related sports and initiations for groups, ranging from activities for half a day to multiple days.

During the summer we host a wide variety of camps for children (surf camps, trekking camps, windsurf camps,...).

We also offer the possibility to spend the night, with 3 locations (2 boats and a building just next to them). These are no hotels, but more youth accommodation/centres.

And then we also offer quite some Teambuildings & Incentives along the Belgian coast for businesses.

I've already tried mutiple times to register our organisation as an owner, but alas I keep getting rejected as I'm not conform the guidelines. Unfortunately no extra information is given as to why our listing gets rejected, only a link to the general guidelines.

As we do a lot of things, I feel this might be conflicting with our listing, but primarily I would like to see us added as an outdoor sports organisation.

So the real questions is, do you have any idea where and how I might get listed. Is it even possible?

Thank you for your time reading this, I look forward to your replies.

With regards

Cederique

The Outsider Coast

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Listing keeps getting rejected, not conform the guidelines

I suggest you read TA listing requirements.

…custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/203

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
78,777 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Listing keeps getting rejected, not conform the guidelines

Hi Cederique;

TripAdvisor only accepts reviews of attractions, accommodations, and restaurants. They do not accept listings of "outdoor sports organisations" or multi-day / overnight activities.

Best Regards

Nieuwpoort
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Listing keeps getting rejected, not conform the guidelines

Hello Hans,

Thank you for responding.

I have in several occasions read those requirements, both in English (on the main TA website) aswell as in Dutch on the local version of TA.

They specifically state that the organisation of surf camps will be listed under the 'attractions' category. I've tried to submit a listing under Attractions >> Outdoor / Adventure / Other / Amusement / Sports to no avail.

I've tried some different configurations too (as in adapting the description, filling in the entry fee requirement-which isn't really what we do as we are not an amusement parc).

So I'm a bit at a loss here, as to why we're not accepted as a listing.

We're not a seasonal business either, we hold activities all year long, and been based here for just under 18 years.

It was actually a comment of one of our customers as to why we weren't listed on TA, hence why I started looking into it :)

With regards

Cederique

Nieuwpoort
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Listing keeps getting rejected, not conform the guidelines

Hello,

Well that explains why then :)

Though it is mentionned (tripadvisor.com/help/activities_lng_guidelin…) that under Things to Do : Adventure: Surfing/surf camps, water sports, hot air balloons, kayaking, white water rafting, bungee jumping, rock climbing, flying (with pilot), sailing (with captain), will be listed.

As this is quite close to what we do as a business, I was checking up to get us onto TA.

But if you say there is no such thing, then too bad. Hopefully TA will broaden it's listing possibilities soon.

Thank you for your reply.

With regards

Cederique

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
78,777 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Listing keeps getting rejected, not conform the guidelines

You're Welcome !

Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Listing keeps getting rejected, not conform the guidelines

Cederique, quickly looking at your website, it looks like you only serve groups.

TripAdvisor will only list you if you are open to individual tourists, for one day (or less) at a time. If you are only open to groups of 10 or more, or only offer multi-day experiences, then that doesn't really fit with TA's mission.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,637 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Listing keeps getting rejected, not conform the guidelines

This is from the google English translation of your website:

"All of our sports activities are available for groups, schools and associations from 10 persons."

As stated in post #6, your business must be open to individual travelers.

8. Re: Listing keeps getting rejected, not conform the guidelines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:18