We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HostelBooker / Expedia

Basingstoke, United...
1 post
Save Topic
HostelBooker / Expedia

Both of these companies have advertised availability on trip advisor, then taken my bookings for hotels in Morocco at New Year, only for me to discover by checking directly with the hotels myself later that the bookings (although confirmed by email) were not valid, the hotels were full and my arrangements were null and void. I now have to cancel our holiday and incur the costs associated with this (flights/other hotels/land transport) as well as deal with the extreme disappointment of my excited children. Trip Advisor, Expedia, HostelBookers ALL need to sort this out. It is unacceptable.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HostelBooker / Expedia

You need to contact the company you booked with. TA is not a booking site.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,259 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HostelBooker / Expedia

Hi Family0f5uk;

Any offers that you may see on the site are offered by the company advertising them, not TripAdvisor.

Once you click on an offer, you are taken outside of the TA web site to that of the booking company. TripAdvisor is not responsible for any content on external web sites.

Best Regards

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,261 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HostelBooker / Expedia

I hope you will be able to recover some costs through your travel insurance. You may even be able to file a dispute with your bank about the booking agent for services not provided

I encourage you to use the forums much more for future travel. Sorry to assume that you don't based on the very small posting history you have. There have been other posts on this forum about just this type of thing which would have prevented you from getting involved with any third party booking agent. There is so much helpful information on all the forums. Above your avatar is a blue print hyperlink named "All." Click that open to see the directory of all the forums. There are any number of posters who will step up to give you suggestions, ideas, advice, and things to be aware, and beware of.

My own suggestion would be to browse those booking sites to get a frame of reference for the information you are looking at, but always book directly with the hotel or airline.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HostelBooker / Expedia

You should check with who you booked with. You may actually have Reservation but it's been bulk purchased under the consolidateres name and your name hasn't been attached to the res yet.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: HostelBooker / Expedia

They charge you, then thay don't care if something wrong happen.

I booked a hostel with this website. Apparently the only thing they do is make a list with the hostels and charge you 15%, if you cancel the booking you have to call directly to the hostel, and of course don't give you back that 15%. So basically don't use it, see the list and call directly to the place you would like to stay in, hostelbookers only charge you and if there is any problems yua are on your own, very dissapointed.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,259 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HostelBooker / Expedia

This forum, the “TripAdvisor Support” forum, is for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site itself.

7. Re: HostelBooker / Expedia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 07:16