We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

messages - promoting an agency

Level Contributor
402 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
messages - promoting an agency

I wanted to clarify something, i know on the forums that people who promote a business, shouldnt, but i have received a message from someone who is promoting a business unsolicited

what are the rules here?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,450 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: messages - promoting an agency

It is not allowed and you should report the Private Message to Trip Advisor by clicking Report Spam at the top of his message.. The sender will then likely have access to sending Private Messages removed .

Edited: 12 December 2013, 18:23
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
77,240 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: messages - promoting an agency

Hi Mark;

You can read the "Private Message" guidelines here on TA...

As you will see, the PM guidelines clearly state;

"•No Soliciting - Private messages should not contain promotional material, special offers, or solicitation for services, surveys, or solicitation for support in legal matters."

FYI...there is a link to the Help Centre at the bottom of every page.

Best Regards

3. Re: messages - promoting an agency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2014, 05:19