We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Removed questions

London
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Removed questions

I recently had a lot of questions removed from your forums. Could you tell me why?

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
55,834 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Removed questions

Hi Adam

This is a forum populated by regular TA members like yourself. None of us have access to the inner-workings of TripAdvisor. We just have lots of experience.

Ask TA_Staff directly. This page: tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport and Forums and then Help Using the Forums will get you to the correct department in TripAdvisor.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Removed questions

Hi Adam

As PacificNWFamily has already mentioned you are not talking directly to TA here - we are all members just like you.

If you are referring to questions raised in the Scotland forum I saw some of these before they were closed and later removed. You may not have noticed but the closure wording indicated that your questions were judged inappropriate by the community rather than TA itself and, as they were mainly requests for help in identifying places from photographs you had taken some time ago, I suspect that some posters considered your questions to be non travel related and therefore not in accordance with forum guidelines. If you want to pursue this further take the route outlined in #1 and ask TA for their opinion on whether your posts were within forum guidelines and if so, to reinstate them.

3. Re: Removed questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2014, 05:17