We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't access rental inbox

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
11 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Can't access rental inbox

Hi, I have a current transaction going on with a vacation rental in Sicily. They are supposed to drop a guest pack into my inbox. When I try to access it, (It has worked up until today), it simply says "Hi, that page just went on vacation. Sorry about that. Can we help you get back on track?"

Thanks for any help in advance.

31 replies to this topic
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,762 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't access rental inbox

Hi Dough and welcome to the Support Forum! Like all other Tripadvisor forums, this forum is primarily peer-to-peer assistance.

How are you trying to get to your rental inbox? Mouse over Your Tripadvisor. The first link is it.

If you still can't access, try this link while signed on to your account. It's from my inbox but it should redirect to yours:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/MyInbox/Dual

If you still can't access it, please post back. You'll have to contact Tripadvisor staff.

Silvia

Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
11 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't access rental inbox

Thanks for your reply. It turned out to be a temporary problem with Tripadvisor. I waited several hours and tried again using the same exact pushbutton. It let me view my inbox.

Thanks,

Doug

New Jersey
Level Contributor
207 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't access rental inbox

The same thing is happening to me right now. All of my inquiries are m.i.a. and I am unable to read my messages. I contacted TA but so far - no word. It's been almost 24 hours and I feel rude not being able to respond and carry on with these conversations!

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't access rental inbox

Hi dls1656,

There is a temporary glitch with a small number of rental inboxes causing them not to display messages. This is fixed and the fix will be live on our site tomorrow @5pm EST (Tuesday). Can you try again at that time? Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Jeanine

New Jersey
Level Contributor
207 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't access rental inbox

Thanks .. I will try tomorrow after work

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
45 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't access rental inbox

I also cannot access my rental inbox and I am leaving for Europe in a couple of days.

Please advise asap.

thank you

7. Re: Can't access rental inbox

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 13:14

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
8. Re: Can't access rental inbox

Hi Gypsy2829,

I think your issue is different- I don't see an issue with your Rental Inbox. You should be able to find your Rental Inbox if you are signed into our .com, .co.uk or .ca site using the email address you used to send your inquiry. Its under "Your TripAdvisor" in our masthead on the upper right of our home page.

Jeanine

NJ
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can't access rental inbox

still not fixed?

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,518 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
10. Re: Can't access rental inbox

Hi jwjw101,

I looked up your TripAdvisor account and don't see any Vacation Rental inquiries sent from the email address attached to this account. Could you have sent a Vacation Rental inquiry using a different email address?

There were a couple of issues going on with Vacation Rental inquiries and this original post was created last December and that issue has long been fixed. Its difficult to know exactly what you are running into without more information. I also see an email from you in our email system and will troubleshoot with you via that.

Cheers,

Jeanine

Reply to: Can't access rental inbox
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted