We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it time to stop using TripAdvisor

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
6 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Is it time to stop using TripAdvisor

I have posted quite a few reviews on TripAdvisor but they are starting to disappear despite being on TripAdvisor for quite a period of time, in some cases more than 12 months. When I looked my contributions at one point where over 50, last week it was down to 45 and when I checked today it has dropped again to 44. Has anyone got any idea why the reviews should just disappear like they do. I'm thinking that it isn't worth bothering to do reviews anymore.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,437 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is it time to stop using TripAdvisor

Oh No !! The OP now has 43 reviews and not 44. The case of the shrinking reviews gets more mysterious .. Perhaps it is time to stay in other hotels that do not remodel .....

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
6 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is it time to stop using TripAdvisor

Yes yet another has disappeared, it is the Royal Bengal in Market Harborough. I posted a review on the 20th May 2012, there are older ones showing but mine has gone. It was a good review too

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,486 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is it time to stop using TripAdvisor

In that case you will need to follow step 5 in reply #5 in this thread

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
6 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is it time to stop using TripAdvisor

I have done, thanks

15. Re: Is it time to stop using TripAdvisor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2014, 05:19