We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I get this business listed???

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
176 posts
403 reviews
Save Topic
How can I get this business listed???

Hii,

Since a lot of people are writing reviews about the trip with DFDS Seaways (Ijmuiden - Newcastle) on a forum page, I wanted to make an attraction so people could write reviews there. There are some positive but also some negative reviews..

I made the new attraction but because of the fact it is an multiple day tour, it was not the right spot. Although there are some other DFDS tours listed as an attraction..

I checked the guidelines and figured out that I have to make it via recourses.

But the thing is, I have to fill in my name and email and all that. Besides that, I have to check a box to make sure I'm an official representative... But I have no connection with the business at all!

So, my question. Where and how can I get this business listed on TA, without all the fuss???

Thanks!

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,448 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can I get this business listed???

If it's a multi day tour, it can't be listed.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,672 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How can I get this business listed???

Hi Kaat88;

TripAdvisor does not accept listings of overnight tours, mutli-day tours, tour agencies, booking sites, travel agencies, reservation/booking sites, or accommodation directories.

Resource listings are for basic information only, and can NOT have reviews posted to them.

Best Regards

Edited: 21 December 2013, 06:17
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How can I get this business listed???

Not for this business you've asked about, but for businesses that would meet the criteria to be listed on TA, you need to start with the link to Write a review. After you've done a search and the business does not show up, you'll see a link to tell TA more about the business.

…tripadvisor.com/articles/200614727-How-do-I…

The above link provides listing criteria for accommodations only but here's a link to general information:

…tripadvisor.com/articles/200614677-What-kin…

and more detailed information about what TA lists:

…tripadvisor.com/sections/200154947-Listing-…

The form you were using, as you saw, was for a business to submit a listing request for their own business.

Regards,

L4

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,961 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How can I get this business listed???

TripAdvisor has made a decision that they are not going to list multi-day tours, for whatever reason.

You can't get around that by calling it a "resource".

The forums are definitely the place for these reviews, trip reports and discussions.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,672 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How can I get this business listed???

>>"You can't get around that by calling it a "resource"."<<

Hi TravellingBritNY;

There is a specific category referred to as a "Resource Listing".

"Resources

We list travel resources that fall into one of the following categories:

Official Tourism information

Timeshares

Tour companies: overnight or individual services

Miscellaneous"

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GetListedNew

Best Regards

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
176 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How can I get this business listed???

Thanks, I see. Making a recourse is not an option since TA is asking for my email and all that.

I believe indeed that the forum is the best way to write the reviews about the multiple day tours. Very unfortunate that they don't allow multiple day tours to be reviewed.

Perhaps reviews can be wrote here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g667546-…

There are some mini cruises mentioned..

Cheers

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,910 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How can I get this business listed???

I would say that particular "DFDS Seaways Day Trips" listing is inappropriate as an Attraction because these are overnight sailings, therefore it's not possible to do this journey as a day trip. TripAdvisor obviously didn't look in to it thoroughly when they approved the listing.

There is a valid DFDS listing in Dover, England for the 1 hr 30 mins Dover-Calais daytime sailing however some users have been placing their reviews of other, overnight DFDS routes against this one too.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g186313-…

8. Re: How can I get this business listed???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2014, 05:17