We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

List of Top Reviewers -2013

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
9 posts
525 reviews
Save Topic
List of Top Reviewers -2013

Any idea when the List of Maximum Review contributors -2013 is likely to be published. LY it was published on 20-12-13.

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: List of Top Reviewers -2013

The 404 message arises because TA changes the link address co.uk to .com for me. If I change the url back to co.uk in my browser I can access the page. I hate when websites pull this kind of crap on me. Why redirect me from co.uk except to annoy me?

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: List of Top Reviewers -2013

Is there something odd about the number of helpful votes for Sandygranny's reviews?

tripadvisor.com/members-reviews/Sandygranny

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
17,545 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: List of Top Reviewers -2013

Hi ShreyasMalkan, the link worked after I changed it to .com as Hoogo suggested.

@ Hoogo - something very strange indeed!

Norfolk
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
1,973 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: List of Top Reviewers -2013

I haven't seen a list but this was in the UK press this week -

dailyecho.co.uk/news/…

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: List of Top Reviewers -2013

Probably facebook, hoogo. Prime example of why I honestly think the "helpful" votes should be abolished.

So many people read reviews whithout bothering to check "helpful", yet then there are the FB results. Totally meaningless, IMO.

Why is somebody with 79 reviews on a "top anything" list?

I'm just getting gobbledegoop on that link, ShreyasMalkan.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
38,707 posts
808 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: List of Top Reviewers -2013

I am surprised that it only took 10,000 contribution to be the top contributor of 2013.

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: List of Top Reviewers -2013

Facebook is a good explanation, half-Brit. I have never seen helpful tallies that high.

Londinium born and...
Level Contributor
4,143 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: List of Top Reviewers -2013

Hmm, I only usually skim through this forum, but my interest was piqued by Sandygranny.

She had written a review of a hotel, defending it's reputation and saying that a previous reviewer shouldn't leave a bad review about it if they hadn't actually stayed there. But, on reading her review...she hasn't actually stayed there either. She had afternoon tea there.

I find it odd that she's posted a review like that and had 200+ 'helpful' votes for it in such a short time.

I quite often read reviews and its not unusual to see 1-10 such votes, but all hers are +200 and some of the places aren't in areas where you'd expect so many people to be that interested anyway. Maybe a bit of vote massaging is going on?

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187057-d193…

Personally, I take all TA reviews with a pinch of salt now. 'Helpful votes', I take with a pinch of Dead Sea!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,729 posts
1,024 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: List of Top Reviewers -2013

Reviewers are not allowed to specifically mention other reviews or reviewers. I can't find that review so it may have been deleted.

Reviewers are allowed to review a property, such as a hotel, whithout staying there. They must have direct interaction with the hotel, and cannot rate things they did not experience, such as "sleep quality". Occasionally you'll see reviews of a hotel - usually bad - where people had trouble making a booking or the hotel later changed the price or something, and the reviewer had not actually stayed there.

I should say that reviews of resorts in the Caribbean and Mexico often also gather a lot of "votes", but not in the many-hundreds, more in the many-dozens! There are lots of folks who read reviews for AI resorts in that part of the world and they seem to make a point to vote.

--

>>I take all TA reviews with a pinch of salt now. 'Helpful votes', I take with a pinch of Dead Sea!<<

LOL, love that!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,088 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: List of Top Reviewers -2013

The trick to be a top contributor is to

A) write short replies

B) ask folks to read the top questions

C) repeat A and B

I guess. Wink wink

To get to be a top reviewer I guess one has to ask the OP ? LOL

Frankly OP ? Do you really care about such things with due respect ?

Edited: 06 January 2014, 06:29