We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

List of Top Reviewers -2013

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
9 posts
525 reviews
Save Topic
List of Top Reviewers -2013

Any idea when the List of Maximum Review contributors -2013 is likely to be published. LY it was published on 20-12-13.

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,738 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: List of Top Reviewers -2013

half-Brit, do you mean qualitative, rather than quantitative, ones? ;-)

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,474 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: List of Top Reviewers -2013

Many thanks for the heads up and a very Happy New Year to one and all.

Canada
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: List of Top Reviewers -2013

Wow, do I ever feel less than compared to Sandygranny et al. At first I thoughtful the helpful votes were a good way for me to skim through pages of reviews for a place, but after time, I saw that some reviews that got piles of votes were pretty questionable in terms of quality. The active recruiting by some reviewers (vote for me!) has me chuckling so I guess some people do enjoy being in the top ten list and seeing who else is out there.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2,754 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: List of Top Reviewers -2013

I think you guys are missing the point on the helpful votes.

You can actually give helpful votes to your OWN reviews provided you are logged out of the account. This says 2 things:

1. You don't need to ask for people to vote, if you want it that bad you just do it yourself, which is I am sure what sandygranny did;

2. Measuring the quality of reviews by # helpful votes is a really stupid idea, one that I see over and over being advanced here in the forums;

Interesting parting thought: I have over 1000 reviews (a number I am proud of FYI ) and have less total helpful votes than sandygranny sometimes has in ONE review. If you think this means my reviews are bad, please go back to the begining of this post and read it again.

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
16,051 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: List of Top Reviewers -2013

I'd completely forgotten about the List of Top Reviewers.

It interests me only in that it provides a moment of mindbogglination, *that person wrote HOW many reviews?*

It MIGHT reflect a commendable effort on the part of the contributor.

It probably reflects the OPPORTUNITY to make a sizeable contribution, not everyone gets to travel a lot or eat out a lot every year.

If I read a review that provides useful details, that shows the writer took some time and care to share information other travellers will want, then I try to remember to click on Helpful. It's mainly to acknowledge the effort the reviewer made. Sometimes it helps me make a choice. Sometimes I've been there and agree with the comments. I don't always remember to click on Helpful if I'm just having a quick glance. I hope people don't consider ONLY the high helpful vote reviews worth reading.

And I really hope people don't only bother contributing because there's a prize in it for them.

36. Re: List of Top Reviewers -2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 07:23