We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Profile name

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Profile name

Dear sir/madam,

I have just changed my profile name. The reason: I will use the same name for a company that I am establishing, and I do not want my TripAdvisor reviews to get mixed up in search results for my company, blog, etc. So, it's pretty important to me commercially.

I realize it takes Google and other search engines some time to update their search results, but I wanted to ask TripAdvisor to reassure me:

Will my old TripAdvisor reviews soon rank/list on Google and other search engine according to my new user profile name -- and, if so, roughly how long will it take for that to happen?

I just hope my old reviews won't be tagged to my old profile name forever.

Thank you for your attention -- and happy holidays,

TheMairs

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Profile name

tripadvisor.co.uk/members-reviews/TheMairs

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
57,357 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Profile name

Popular Sites where content changes frequently are frequently indexed by the searchbots so it is within a few hours in most cases on TA IMHO

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,368 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Profile name

if you do not want your TripAdvisor reviews to get mixed up in search results for your company, blog, etc. then you should have kept your original name.

Why change it to your commercial venue unless you intend to self promote on TA.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Profile name

Hi TheMairs,

There's a forum where owners can ask questions pertinent to their businesses. Your question has come up on that forum on numerous occasions. Tilly41, many owners have two accounts (one for their business, responding to reviews) and another for TA non-business (forums, reviews, etc.).

You can read more about the Owner's Forum and how to access it by following this link:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048-…

If you're already verified and using your Management Center, try this link:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i14281-Owners.ht…

Regards,

L4

Edited: 23 December 2013, 14:01
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
40,368 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Profile name

Yes, I know that...but he has no business yet

PS..a question, if a business is not eligible for TA listing, can the owner still register with TA? I suppose that would be pointless.

Edited: 23 December 2013, 14:34
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Profile name

Hi Tilly41,

You're right; if it's a new company it's pointless. However, they may still have access to the forum due to their previous business as they were asking about their reviews (that's why I included the link to the Owner's Forum). Reading the OP, for me anyway, I wasn't clear if there was a business still here, etc.

Regards,

L4

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
30,036 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Profile name

Wouldn't have thought two accounts was in the spirit of the forum.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,297 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Profile name

I believe business owners are allowed two, one for their business and a personal one. That's what is confusing me. Is the OP talking about the 4 reviews visible above, or something else?

9. Re: Profile name

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:17