We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hi wanting to know why my question was deemed inappropriate?

Great Western...
3 posts
Save Topic
Hi wanting to know why my question was deemed inappropriate?

Hi,

I am just wondering why? I read all the guidelines, had spent a week looking through the site before posting.... I did not receive an email to confirm my post and I checked my spam and have received nothing.

Thanks

Best way to travel to Bohol from Western Australia

yesterday, 19:46

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guideli…

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: today, 11:35

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,548 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hi wanting to know why my question was deemed inappropriate?

Hi Ajay S,

The message which you cut and pasted above replaced your post. It means that other members like you and me didn't think the post was appropriate and reported it (for whatever reason). If you think your post followed forum guidelines and was removed in error you may contact TA staff via this link to the help center. http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

From the first list choose 'Forums, private messages & traveler articles'

From the 2nd list choose 'Help using the forums'

A text box will open where you can paste a link to your removed post/thread and ask the moderators to review it and re-instate it if they decide it does indeed follow forum guidelines and was removed by mistake.

sodomojo

USA
Level Contributor
7,042 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hi wanting to know why my question was deemed inappropriate?

Welcome to the forum, Ajay!

Your fellow members may have thought that the question belonged in a more appropriate forum. Not sure of the details, but perhaps the air travel forum or the Bohol, Philippines forum would be the place for your question.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294259-i9268-Boho…

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,582 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hi wanting to know why my question was deemed inappropriate?

Would that be Bohol in The Phillipines?

What did your post say?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,735 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hi wanting to know why my question was deemed inappropriate?

>>"I did not receive an email to confirm my post and I checked my spam and have received nothing."<<

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Ajay;

FYI...the information quoted above, is in reference to a review, NOT to a forum post.

Best Regards

Edited: 31 December 2013, 05:32
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,067 posts
1,080 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hi wanting to know why my question was deemed inappropriate?

Hi Ajay S. You posted on a forum, yes? Which one?

What did your post say? You don't have to recreate it entirely, just let us know the basic info. I'm wondering if other posters thought it was advertising?

Sometimes when brand new posters join and their first post or two are all about, for example, a "wonderful tour" they took somewhere, more experienced posters may think that the new poster is *advertising* the tour.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,582 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hi wanting to know why my question was deemed inappropriate?

Based on the quoted "placekeeper", Ajay's post was on the forums. It was not a review.

I am interested to know whether Ajay asked how to get from West Australia to Bohol, or whether he offered unsolicited advice on how to do it.

I can't imagine that a simple request would be removed by the community. But an unsolicited "suggestion" on how to do it would have an life expectancy of barely a few minutes on the Australia forum.

Great Western...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hi wanting to know why my question was deemed inappropriate?

H,i thankyou all for your replies.

I posted on the Bohol travel province forum and really just asked what was the easiest and quickest way to get from Perth, Western Australia to Bohol, “Aghao Family Resort” Antequera. I was enquiring because I have done quite a bit of research in the last week on this site and there are a few different ways... either through MNL, CEBU, or ferry and as I am a female travelling solo, (no unsolicited advice or suggestions, were asked) I was hoping to get advice from anyone that may have done the trip and could make it a bit easier for me as I have never been there before or travelled solo.

Again thankyou for your responses, I will look elsewhere.

Happy new year to you all and all the best for 2014

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,582 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hi wanting to know why my question was deemed inappropriate?

If that's what you asked, it shouldn't have been removed.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hi wanting to know why my question was deemed inappropriate?

Two separate points Ajay.

First one, I would guess it was voted as inappropriate because in the Bohol forum, you can't expect people to know about travel arrangements specifically from Western Australia (or, New York, or San Francisco, or Chile etc etc). They don't know what airports there are in Western Australia, New York etc. You would expect them to know how to get to that resort from the nearest major town or city.

If you don't know how to get from your area to the major city ask on the air travel forum. Not sure about ferries I don't think there is a ferry forum.

Second point, posting on forums is not like leaving a review. You don't get an email acknowledgement, and the guidelines are somewhat different to reviews and you seem to have confused the two. I'm sure forum posting guidelines are around but if you read the forums you'd get a sense for what was appropriate anyway.

Having said all that it seems a little harsh to get it bounced without someone posting something like "you should post this on the xyz forum" or " well everyone who visits here flies into xyz city so ask elsewhere how to get to there"

Hope this makes sense.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
15,206 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hi wanting to know why my question was deemed inappropriate?

Seems an odd reason to vote the post down but who knows.

Try asking on the Perth forum

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g255103-i531-Pe…

or the Air Travel forum

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_T…