We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review rejected

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
1,275 reviews
Save Topic
Review rejected

I tried to post a review of a restaurant 2 towns over from where I live. We met up with some friends AT THEIR HOUSE and had food delivered to their house. We ALL at the food. I took pictures of the food that I ATE and wrote a review. Even though it was NOT at my house that the food was delivered to...I still ate it.

TA rejected my review stating that, "While we appreciate your contribution, it has come to our attention that your review included ratings of features of the establishment that you did not experience this time, such as rating sleep quality when no overnight stay took place or rating the quality of the food when you did not eat. As is our policy, we removed your review upon discovering this inconsistency."

I have posted over 500 reviews. I am offended and puzzled to why TA would assume this is a fake or false review.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review rejected

I think you're overacting just a bit, no one said the review was fake or fraudulent. Did you happen to rate "atmosphere?" Or maybe even service? Their email indicates you rated something with the green dots that you did not experience.

Just resubmit the review and only click a green rating dot for the food.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,083 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review rejected

TA's messages could be a little better. They are not claiming that you didn't eat the food, they are just giving that as an example of why a review might be rejected for rating things that you didn't experience. In this case, you had takeout, so (as Noah notes above) you may have rated things that you couldn't have experienced, such as atmosphere.

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
1,275 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review rejected

I will try to resubmit & make sure I only rate food (even though service should be able to be rated since you interact with both delivery personnel and phone staff)...and see what happens. Thanks for your suggestion.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,118 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review rejected

You can mention service in your review. "Ordering was easy and took just a few minutes" (or difficult and the person got confused!) ...... "the delivery was prompt" (or took just short of forever!).

Let us know how your second attempt goes :-)

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
1,275 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review rejected

Thanks for your responses. I resubmitted & also wrote a response to TA about why it was rejected in the 1st place. I got a message back stating that my review would be published within 1 day, but no explanation as to why it was originally rejected. Since then the review has been posted.

Again, thanks for everyone's input & suggestions!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,118 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Review rejected

Great! Glad everything worked out :-)

7. Re: Review rejected

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 06:23