We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posts by specific person

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,382 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Posts by specific person

When I wanted to see posts by a specific person I used to just go to their profile and they were there,, How do I do it now?? Trying to answer a question for someone and not seeing their other questions for background is pointless..

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,762 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Posts by specific person

I have just click on your screen name and got this

tripadvisor.co.uk/members-forums/tony2phones

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Posts by specific person

Clicking on a screen name on a forum post takes you to a list of reviews, as flipflop_man said,

From a review it is more complicated. Mouse over the screen name in a review to see a popup with six links. The "send a message" links pops up a private message window. The other five links take you to the reviewer's Annoying Tile Page. Hidden above the irrelevant annoying tiles on the right hand side is a box marked "Contributions" that has a "reviews" option.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,762 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Posts by specific person

"Clicking on a screen name on a forum post takes you to a list of reviews, as flipflop_man said"

hoogo

The OP is talking about posts and not reviews and from a forum post it takes you to their forum listing

Edited: 09 January 2014, 17:30
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,382 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Posts by specific person

Had been sent a Private Message clicked the name the page gave contributions as 4 forum posts but no way of getting from there to the 4 forum posts. Also noticed I can only see 1 page of my own forum contributions, guess the overheads on the new layout are too heavy to permit the old level of accessibility.

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Posts by specific person

Thank you, flipflop_man. Change "reviews" in post 3 to "forums".

Typing a member's screen name in the top search box on most TripAdvisor pages will find that member listed at the bottom of the search results. Clicking will take you to his Annoying Tile Page from which you can click as above.

tony2phones, clicking on the name probably took you to the sender's Annoying Tile Page. Clicking on "contributions" should take you a short way down the page. Below the travel map and above the annoying tiles is a menu labeled "Contributions by type" that has options to click.

Norfolk
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Posts by specific person

If you have a PM from the contributor, then open the message, and the From [member's screen name] is highlighted, above the message.

If you click on this you get to their profile page from where you can find all their reviews and forum posts.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,762 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Posts by specific person

Once you have done it a few times you will be back to being on autopilot

I quite like the new user dashboards

Edited: 09 January 2014, 19:25
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,382 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Posts by specific person

Unfortunately the questioners page has no place to progress from, possibly as she has only 4 forum posts and that's it. Have sorted it out on Fodors Ireland forum where a certain location can be discussed in open forum without nasty repercussions.

Thanks though all for your assistance.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,762 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Posts by specific person

"Unfortunately the questioners page has no place to progress from, possibly as she has only 4 forum posts and that's it"

I get several PM's from people with low or even no forum posts so I do not see it as odd. I simple answer the PM or ask for more information about them and their requirements

10. Re: Posts by specific person

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 January 2014, 11:55