We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Request a property and write a review at the same time

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
1 review
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Topic
Request a property and write a review at the same time

Hi all,

Based on member requests, it is now possible for you to request a place to be added to TripAdvisor AND write your review at the same time.

In other words, when you request a place be listed via this page:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReview

You will notice that after you request the place be added, you have the option to add a review of it. This will save you having to wait to write your review in order for the property to be listed.

Your review will go through the same review moderation process as before, this just gives you a chance to write it at the same time you request a new listing.

Jeanine

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: Request a property and write a review at the same time

This is good information. I wish to post about a restaurant in the Dominican Republic and do not have the complete address. I have a picture though.

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,813 posts
1 review
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
32. Re: Request a property and write a review at the same time

Hi VL,

As far as I know, nothing in the way that we process listings has changed. So if you had previously put 'xxxx' in the address line because the listing lacked a street address and if the 'xxxx' was manually deleted by our listings team, I would expect the same thing will happen now. If you see otherwise, please let me know so that I can talk to our listings team about how these types of listings (listings with no address) are supposed to be submitted.

Thanks!

Jeanine

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
5,111 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Request a property and write a review at the same time

I have seen descriptive addresses like 'Near the church' used in some listings which may be more helpful than xxxxxx

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,182 posts
2,164 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Request a property and write a review at the same time

Mymsman, you are correct: I have seen such descriptions also used. They can be good.

However sometimes in so called 'less developed' countries, the Google or other mapping may not be comprehensive in smaller towns or localities, so while I can establish the town, region, province and (for an archipelago such as Philippines) the group of islands e.g. Visayas of an establishment, I cannot offer a street address or descriptor such as you suggest. So I only use 'xxxx' as a way to ensure that my listing request makes it over the first hurdle: being accepted by TA's programming.

All things considered, if these listing requests are manually processed, the TA staff do a generally terrific job. I of course like a lot of us strive to improve the site by supplying accurate, hopefully well researched information. 'Rubbish in, rubbish out' should not be our aim.

Edited: 06 February 2014, 11:18
35. Re: Request a property and write a review at the same time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 05:29