We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review removed 3 times

Rotherham
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Review removed 3 times

It is evident to me that once an owner of an establishment compains about a complaint, it is automatically taken down. I have had a horrific experience at a B&B, I didnt swear, I spoke open and honest and the review was taken down. i submitted another 3 weeks later and another 32 months after that. It didnt matter what I put in, it would be removed and I understand this has happened to several people. When we stayed there, 4 other people said they would complain on here and they have had there reviews taken down.

It makes a mockery of the site Negative review ---> owner makes a complaint-----> review taken down..

Whats the point in this site???????

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review removed 3 times

I suggest you contact TA staff using this web form:

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/UserReviewSupport

Select 'Status of my review' and then 'Not listed'.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review removed 3 times

Hi Craig,

Welcome to the forum.

The forum is primarily member-driven.

> i submitted another 3 weeks later and another 32 months after that.<

Is this for the same stay? If so, you can only review for a customer experience within a year:

"Reviews for trips or customer service experiences must be submitted within a year of experience."

What constitutes irrelevant content?

help.tripadvisor.com/articles/200614887

Reviews can be taken down from the site for various reasons: the reviewer was sent a verification email and didn't respond, the business closed/had a major renovation or the review was in violation of review guidelines. While a business owner/manager can dispute a review, it will only be removed if it violates the guidelines. Do note, that any member can report a review as violating guidelines and ultimately TA Staff determine whether or not it does.

I'd suggest you contact TA staff and find out why your review was removed. Here's the link:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Select Status of my review and then Not listed (if you don't see it on the list)

Here are the guidelines and links in case you haven't read them in awhile:

…tripadvisor.com/articles/200614797-Our-guid…

If you have a copy of the review, you can post it on this thread and members can provide feedback in case it does seem to be a guideline issue but I'd still recommend contacting the TA review team.

Regards,

L4

edit: sorry, Hans, there was no post when I started typing...

Edited: 18 January 2014, 14:52
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,125 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review removed 3 times

Hi

"It is evident to me that once an owner of an establishment compains about a complaint, it is automatically taken down"

Not so - TA has loads of negative reviews

Rotherham
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review removed 3 times

No, ive re-written it 3 times and its no worst than I have read on other threads for various detinations/ hotels.

Its a very tame review with thought and feeling. Its quite clear that the owners of establishments can complain and get reviews taken off that much is clear. The complaint procedure is complicated and drawn out. You dont have 1 to 1 procedure.

The site os not very good and makes me question whats been taken off of other places that may interest me......

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,125 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review removed 3 times

As has been said can you post a copy of the review here in this thread for us to look at

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Review removed 3 times

How many times did you stay at the B&B?

Regards,

L4

Rotherham
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Review removed 3 times

Once and never again. And ive been following the page when I put the last one in, another negative post was removed that was posted the day after mine

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,552 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Review removed 3 times

Hi Craig;

An owner or manager can dispute a review, but TA staff will ONLY remove the review if it violates the guidelines.

Your stay was more that 1 year ago. That in itself is a violation of the guidelines.

For an exact reason why your original review was removed, you will need to contact TA staff using the link that my esteemed colleague L4 included in her reply, #2 above.

Best Regards

Edited: 18 January 2014, 16:01
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
40,703 posts
826 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Review removed 3 times

I can't follow your story about posting this 3 times over 2 years as you have been a member since May 2013 only.

Plenty of negative reviews all over TA, I have written some myself.

"...The site os not very good and makes me question whats been taken off of other places that may interest me......" You are under no obligation to use TA, up to you. Nobody can force someone to trust any information. If you do not trust the system, no use in you sticking around.

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,691 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Review removed 3 times

I'm wondering if "32 months after that" is a typo and should read either "3 months" or "2 months" because as noted above we can see Craig has only been a member since May 2013.

If it's not a typo then as advised above you can't review a stay from over 12 months ago and it wouldn't matter if the review was negative or positive.