We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Remove Facebook Link

London, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Remove Facebook Link

hello

i have accidently connected my work facebook to my tripadvisor account and need it removed INSTANTLY.

how do i do it? i did find an old thread that said the following steps but this now seems to be obsolete?

1. Click on "Your TripAdvisor" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen when logged on.

2. choose "profile"

3. On the left-hand edge of the page click "account info" (it is under the heading Profile)

4. On the right-hand side of that page is a title that says "Facebook Connect" and a link to the right of that saying "disconnect"

^^^ does not work/tally up

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,607 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Remove Facebook Link

you need to remove the connection from the FaceBook website too,not sure how you do this but FB have a habit of connecting you to anyone and anything without your permission and it is really upto you to check the connections.the other day they managed to connect my FB and Amazon accounts which I am still trying to sort out.

London, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Remove Facebook Link

Hello,

to remove from facebook go to

Settings (top right corner)

then account settings

then apps (left hand side)

you can then click the X which will remove the apps.

tick the box that says delete all activity from facebook

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,866 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Remove Facebook Link

To manage settings from the TA side visit https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Settings-cpf

Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
14,558 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Remove Facebook Link

Just to make sure you know, you'll mostly get suggestions from other members here, not TA staff typically.

But anyway, while we're waiting for someone more knowledgeable to come along I have two thoughts.

When I look at mine it has the FB logo and the word *connect*. I don't have to go into my profile to see this. It is up the top. Do you perhaps have it showing as *FB disconnect*? Could you try that?

The other thing is can you disconnect from the FB side? I believe you are supposed to do that anyway. The first time I disconnected it didn't stay disconnected and I was told I need to change my settings on FB and not just on TA.

Anyway, I hope you have some luck with one or both of those ideas.

Edit: I see there's lots of people here so I'm sure you'll get it sorted now :-)

Edited: 21 January 2014, 12:03
London, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Remove Facebook Link

hi

im hoping it has been removed now as it says "connect" i also went on the FB side and removed the connecting app.

thank you for the help

Asia
Level Contributor
885 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Remove Facebook Link

Thank you davidiceland for your post #2. Done and hope the 2 accounts don't connect again.

For security reasons, with my fb account, I never want to "declare" to people where I have gone to and where I'm going to visit and when. All sensitive information. Who knows someone will break into my house knowing I'm away for weeks?

With my ta account, at least I don't show anything about me so no one knows who I am.

I have no idea why my fb account and my ta account were connected and I am very upset about it. Sorry to hijack this topic.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,089 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Remove Facebook Link

>>"I have no idea why my fb account and my ta account were connected and I am very upset about it."<<

Hi Wsea3h;

What you were experiencing is a “feature” of FaceBook’s - Instant Personalization.

Best Regards

Asia
Level Contributor
885 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Remove Facebook Link

Thank you RescueTeam.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,089 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Remove Facebook Link

You're Welcome !

10. Re: Remove Facebook Link

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 15:05