We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photographs

surrey
Level Contributor
1 post
72 reviews
Save Topic
Photographs

An owner has asked that I remove the photo that I posted - they request that visitors refrain from posting photos on 'Trip-Advisor'. I feel strongly that I should be free to post a photo. Their reason is that they have had carp stolen from their lake and so don't want photos up but they have their own management photo up which is actually of the lake! I think they don't want any traveler's' photos up in case they don't do the venue justice. Can the owner demand that you remove the photo I posted? - it is just a picture of the accommodation we stayed in and nothing more. I do not like the owner trying to control what I post or don't post on my Trip Advisor Account.

Thank you, I look forward to your reply

Carol

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,574 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photographs

No the owner can not demand you remove your pictures. Simply ignore any correspondence unless it gets threatening then report to TA.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,874 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photographs

An owner, like anyone else, can report a picture as being inappropriate but not just because they don't like the image and can't force you to remove it if it is a genuine picture of the property.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,509 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photographs

Hi Carol;

Owners / managers are NOT to contact reviewers about the reviews of their accommodation, attraction or restaurant.

tripadvisor.com/help/businessrep_approached_…

Also, TripAdvisor does not condone owners / managers harassing, threatening, or bullying users about their reviews. To alert TA staff to this property’s behaviour, and express your concerns, you can use the “Contact Us” link in the Help Centre.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/GeneralSupport

In the first pull down menu, select “Reviews”. In the second pull down menu, select “Question about the guidelines.

Best Regards

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photographs

You may have legal troubles if you signed away your right to post photos when you checked in.

5. Re: Photographs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 07:18