We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

confirmation e-mail from TripAdvisor

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
confirmation e-mail from TripAdvisor

I recently posted a review and got an e-mail from TripAdvisor asking me to click on a following link to confirm this. This has not happened to me before. Is this something new? Is it legitimate and actually from TripAdvisor?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: confirmation e-mail from TripAdvisor

It's normal and happens quite often. If you have recently submitted a review, it won't be published if you don't cm luck on the link in a timely fashion.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,480 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: confirmation e-mail from TripAdvisor

Hello,

It's not a new thing. I get it occasionally and once I have confirmed, my review is posted a day or so later.

Edited: 02 February 2014, 05:31
Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
2 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: confirmation e-mail from TripAdvisor

thanks for the quick reply. I'm new to TA and didn't know all the ropes.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,480 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: confirmation e-mail from TripAdvisor

Hi again,

No problem. It's always wise to check. Getting a strange email out of the blue always makes me a bit wary too. Just confirm the review is yours and it will soon be posted.

5. Re: confirmation e-mail from TripAdvisor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 06:18