We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Losing my TA listing due to Holiday Lettings account suspend

Sixt-Fer-a-Cheval...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Losing my TA listing due to Holiday Lettings account suspend

Hi all,

I have had a listing with Holiday Lettings for about a year, primarily as a way of getting a TA listing as I failed to get a TA listing independently - just would not work for me! HL decided to suspend my listing today and therefore my TA listing has disappeared along with the reviews that I had worked hard to get from my guests. Is there any way that I can have a TA listing without having to pay HL hundreds of pounds to be listed on their site? Can my TA listing with it's reviews be resurrected? If not, can a new listing be created and the reviews attributed to it? Here is the link to my original TA listing

tripadvisor.co.uk/…reviews

Any help on this would be much appreciated as I am getting really frustrated by all of this whilst trying to run a business.

Thanks

Sean Dunning

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,936 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Losing my TA listing due to Holiday Lettings account suspend

Holiday letting do have AFAIK options where you can pay a percentage of the rental price for each rental booked through them instead of paying a fixed annual fee which may work out cheaper for you if you are not getting too many bookings,

You could also look to see whether you meet the criteria to be listed as a Speciality Lodging http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/GetListedNew and it is important that TA can confirm your claims easily on your website (not hidden away several pages away from the homepage)

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,809 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Losing my TA listing due to Holiday Lettings account suspend

"Is there any way that I can have a TA listing without having to pay"

Even if you can, reviews from Holidaylettings,co.uk cannot be transferred to regular Tripadvisor listings. Those reviews are from verified guests. Tripadvisor reviews are not.

Silvia

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,815 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Losing my TA listing due to Holiday Lettings account suspend

Do you know why the listing was removed? They normally don't do it for random reasons.

I agree with Mymsman - there are % options that you can go for which tie in to the amount of business they bring to you. That may be a cheaper option. If, in TA's eyes, you qualify as a Vacation rental, then you are unlikely to be able to get a free TA listing, sorry.

Sixt-Fer-a-Cheval...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Losing my TA listing due to Holiday Lettings account suspend

Thanks for the replies. They removed my listing as I had put contact details on a reply to a guest - they are included in the email signature and sometimes I forget to delete them as I have dozens to reply to each day. They said I had done it too often! Think I'll just give up on the whole thing - seems to be way too much hassle for any potential benefit it might bring.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
4,815 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Losing my TA listing due to Holiday Lettings account suspend

Did you keep track of how many bookings you got through that site, compared with your others? That should allow you to see how much the listing is worth to you.

For the rental property that I own, I get about 40% of inquiries through FlipKey/HolidayLettings - for me, it's definitely worth the cost. Having the property visible on TA is also a benefit.

6. Re: Losing my TA listing due to Holiday Lettings account suspend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 06:19