We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

500 Internal Server Error

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
500 Internal Server Error

Anyone getting this error message on some pages this morning ??

"We're sorry, the server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please wait for a few minutes and try again."

It is OK to view pages once refreshed it seems, but something's not right !!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,916 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 500 Internal Server Error

I am as well and it has been for around 30 mins so far

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,538 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 500 Internal Server Error

it seems to be on some of the cdn servers but on others it seems to be ok -- I can still get to the content if I do reload.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,195 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 500 Internal Server Error

Yes I too am having the same problem on the forums this morning....came over here to Support Forum to report the problem but you have already posted the same question :)

Angie.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 500 Internal Server Error

Thanks guys... as i say, doesn't happen all the time, and is easily rectifiable by doing a quick refresh or two, just was wondering if it was just me :)

Will see if TA pops their head in or if it just sorts itself out and remains one of life's little mysteries !!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
49,538 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 500 Internal Server Error

Perhaps the on duty mod alerted Ops or perhaps OPs got a page as this is a big problem. It may be too early for the TA staff in Boston to reply.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
11,964 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 500 Internal Server Error

Glad its not only me! LOL!

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 500 Internal Server Error

All seems to be OK now for myself and others I've spoken to, i know many posts/threads that were made since the problems began seemed to disappear, but they all seem to have returned now so hopefully all hunky dory once more :)

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,876 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 500 Internal Server Error

I think TA has been having some serious issues this morning,

For quite a while it has been in Maintenance mode where you can read but not post and the forum indexes hadn't been updated to show posts added last night.

Hopefully, touch wood, things are back to normal now

9. Re: 500 Internal Server Error

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 06:21